#91 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

dude who posted this is an insane libertarian who for some reason was also heavily involved in occupy charlotte for a few days until he eventually melted down over the fact that the occupiers weren't going to start some violent revolution

#92 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

disinfo campgain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#93 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

ugh

i have heard this is false because it's vastly oversimplified but i've never heard anyone explain what's fundamentally wrong with it... care to?

#94 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

i have heard this is false because it's vastly oversimplified but i've never heard anyone explain what's fundamentally wrong with it... care to?

there are tons of articles out there on this. the key points can be found here: http://rooseveltinst...dget-here-s-why

1) families can't levy taxes on hundreds of millions of people
2) debt isn't an inherently bad thing when it comes to government. the US government has been in debt for all but 2 years of its existence, and a government running at a profit is a government not sufficiently meeting the needs of its citizens (because government isn't supposed to be run like a business). no debt tells me that we are either not spending enough or taxing too much. the end game of starve the beast, after gutting social security, medicare, and medicaid, is to suddenly point out that we're not running a large deficit anymore so we should just cut taxes again!
3) historically, significant reductions of the debt have directly led to depressions
4) "The federal government is the issuer of our currency. Its IOUs are always accepted in payment." basically, if your household is millions of dollars in debt, good luck getting someone to accept an IOU from you

this article doesn't even begin to touch on the reality that government spending stimulates the economy (this is why a call for austerity during a recession/depression is the dumbest fuging thing ever). government spends money -> money circulates throughout the economy -> government collects higher revenue -> government spends that money -> so on -> so forth. show me a household that can operate in that manner

there's more to it than just this but i'm not an economist so if you're interested in more, there are plenty more resources on the topic, simply because people continue to perpetuate the myth that the government budget is equivalent to a household budget

#95 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

i readily admit that i am retarded when it comes to economics. i'm pretty well versed in various economic philosophies but the i'm embarrassingly lacking on a lot of the nuts-and-bolts aspects, so i try to not be a loudmouth about these sorts of things. thanks for the links.

#96 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

Sooo... You don't take anti-biotics when you have a virus, wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap or hand sanitizer, or even WORSE, kill mosquitos/spiders when they near you? They're all "living cells"...

#97 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

there are some pretty good, accessible books out there that can make you at least a little more confident in discussing econ stuff

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/1848139926

http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/0745318576

that being said, my own understanding of econ suffers due to an early adherence to a couple of flawed schools of thought (in other words i haven't always been the most leftist leftist to ever leftist and for that reason i am still a little behind where i should probably be at this point)

#98 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,332 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image

:D

#99 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,332 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

#100 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

With all the Obama Memes on there today... at least this one's funny...

Posted Image

#101 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I don't have friends whine about politics endlessly on my feed.

Maybe you guys should get friends who aren't dumb. Or unfriend those who are.

#102 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't have friends whine about politics endlessly on my feed.

Maybe you guys should get friends who aren't dumb. Or unfriend those who are.

Most of mine are either old high school classmates or family. I've blocked a lot of the really, really dumb ones.

#103 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,245 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

jerk

#104 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

jerk

Don't worry Panthro, I would not block you because I like your creepy cat and 'dogs in sweaters' pics too much...

#105 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,245 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

They are disturbing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.