rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,392 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I wont be optimistic if Chud is still here also

This is what it boils down to to me.

There are 3 scenarios, imo, and they rank best to worst.

Best case: New GM comes in with his ideal staff in mind, and cleans house.
Acceptable: New GM comes in, works with Rivera to rebuild the team and staff.
Worst case: New GM comes in, keeps Rivera, Chud, et al.

#32 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

No way a new GM would keep Rivera unless Richardson mandated it.

#33 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

bahahaahhaha classic.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

No way a new GM would keep Rivera unless Richardson mandated it.

That's kinda hard to know without knowing who the GM is.

Plenty of new GMs give existing coaches an audition season.

#35 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Rivera has had a two year audition that failed to produce a winning season with a team which should have won a minimum of 10 games this year. If we hire a gm who cant see that, we may as well keep beane in charge of the manure farm.

#36 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

That's kinda hard to know without knowing who the GM is.

Plenty of new GMs give existing coaches an audition season.

Who? I only know two GM's who did that. The only reason they did it because those two teams have a winning program with a ton of experience and a solid foundation.

#37 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

If the new GM kept Ron I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Ron was the best option given the circumstances.

In that case the GM might want to consider hiring a "consultant" with HC experience, just in case we get off to another slow start next year.

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm all for Rivera staying especially if he get's to 7-9. If he get's fired, I would go with this combo...

GM: Tom Gamble
HC: Mike McCoy
OC: Norv Turner (retain Scott and let them work together)
DC: Winston Moss

#39 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm all for Rivera staying especially if he get's to 7-9. If he get's fired, I would go with this combo...

Mike McCoy was a joke when he was with us. I still think he's a joke now.

#40 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Mike McCoy was a joke when he was with us. I still think he's a joke now.

I think he has learned a lot, his name has actually been thrown around with Chip Kelly, Perry Fewell, Bruce Arians, Mike Zimmer etc...

He's done a great job with Broncos, even though he does have Manning lol.

#41 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

As long as Bruce Arians isn't made our HC, I don't care what we do. As someone who has watched a fair share of Steelers games, the last thing we need is another guy who doesn't know how to properly utilize running backs.

#42 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

The only thing I want is Chud gone and Norv here, that way hopefully the offense won't be competley new and Cam and crew can keep building. Rivera has done a great job with our D all things considered, and the players seem to respect his no nonsense attitude. I also firmly believe that a coach needs 3 years. Now would I be mad if he was let go? no.... unless we did not get Chip Kelly.

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'd be disappointed. Rivera hasn't done enough to keep his job imo.

I'd very much like the new GM to pick his own man and give him three years. Good drafts are all about selecting players that fit your system.

The LAST thing we want is the new GM giving Rivera another year (where he is basically on probation) and draft players that fit his system, only to sack him at the end of the year and have to completely reassess the roster for the incoming HC.

It just makes so much more sense to wipe the slate clean. Hire his own guy. Let him live and die by his own hires.

I WILL be disappointed if we don't retain the services of Ken Dorsey however.

pretty much this because the only reason i think rivera should be retained is if he is on a very short leash/noose and i don't really want a situation like that.

there can be no more margin for error. no more losing....period.losing season, and he's gone. no excuses.i wouldn't even wait that long, tho. first sign that he's losing the season, and i'm talking three losing games in a row and he'd be gone. even if he pulls out a winning season, he'd have only bought himself another season because then the benchmark is two winning seasons in a row. do that or your gone. crap, i'd even say at that point it's playoffs or else.

as much as i love the way the guys are playing right now, i'm not convinced that this is the norm. i think he coaches at his best desperate. once he gets comfortable, i think it's john fox all over again.new GM. new coach.

we made a mistake last time in not wiping the slate clean there in getting a new GM when we got a new coach. i don't want to make the same mistake again. let the new GM get his guy. rivera hasn't done enough over all to give a convincing argument why the new GM shouldn't try to bring in his HC.

sure, it would suck for the players but they'd adjust....or be looking for work elsewhere.

if the new GM keeps rivera, i'd have to say right now i'd be disappointed. i'm sure by the time training camp rolls in i'd be full blown homer again, but i'm not going to be looking on the rivera era with confidence. i'm skeptical that he can make this team a perennial winning team. i don't think he has that killer instinct i want to see. i don't see him being as ruthless as he needs to be. i see him being a coach that once his team gets a lead he sits on it instead of trying to grow it. i see him trying to trust his defense to protect a lead rather than keeping the ball in his offenses hands. i see him as a coach that tries to play it safe using old school football methods of protecting the lead in an era that abuses that mindset. i think it's time for a real change.

#44 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

if mike mccoy becomes head coach i stop being a panthers fan and i'm not blowing steam. i seriously don't know why people are on this guys bandwagon or why there is even one at all.

people have given that clown too much credit for what has happened in denver. i can't for the life of me see why he would be on anyone's radar for a HC gig. the guy's made a career of just sitting back and letting people do stuff. when he was mcD's OC, all he had to do was watch. when he was forced to start The Golden Calf of Bristol, all he had to do was run just a handful of plays and watch The Golden Calf of Bristol do his thing. and now he's got peyton manning for a QB? really? what does an OC have to do?

i find nothing in mccoy's job history that shouts leader or innovator or top dog. hiring him would be essentially throwing your hands in the air and saying, "i just want a good guy. i don't care what he can do."

#45 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

is anyone else having formatting problems? i'm having to use frikkin html tags to make it look right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.