Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagles to make huge push for Chip Kelly.

93 posts in this topic

Posted

Good posting^^^^

Posted

^^^

If you don't think Chip Kelly can adapt you are an idiot. :devil:

1 person likes this

Posted

^^^

If you don't think Chip Kelly can adapt you are an idiot. :devil:

To play devil's advocate, there's as much stock in saying that as in the thought of Rivera improving.

Posted

People can forget Kelly. We will prob stick with an avg Rivera.

peeps to afraid of rocking the boat.

Posted

I do think Kelly would be a good coach, whether or not he's the best one for the Panthers, I really don't know.

What I really like about him, and something that I believe would make this a very dangerous team, is the speed he wants the team to play at. Now, I would expect opponents to score significantly higher against us than they do now simply because teams would get almost twice the number of possessions. That's simple common sense. But I would also expect to score MUCH more than we current do. To be honest, I think a faster pace would really take advantage of our playmakers while keeping defenses on their heels and give us a huge advantage late in games. I also really like Kelly's creativity and lack of fear in his playcalling. Sure, sometimes it will backfire, but in life, typically huge rewards come from taking big risks, not playing it safe and "coaching not to lose." And on the whole, he's a smart risk taker, and his risks usually pay off.

Now on the flip side, it seems that Rivera is starting to learn that you can't play so conservatively and expect to win in the NFL. And Chud is finally starting to mix things up a little after that horrendous read option scheme he used extensively in the first half of the season. So I think they are learning from some of the mistakes they made this year. But the question is are we willing to give them a little more time on their learning curve, or do we make a change to someone that we believe can come in and make an immediate impact.

Posted

Kelly = Spurrier

Great college offensive system coach

1 person likes this

Posted

Kelly = Spurrier

Great college offensive system coach

Oh yeah because chip is an offensive minded head coach at the college level automatically means he will be Steve Spurrier??

Harbaugh is an offensive minded head coach coming out of college and he has one of the best defenses in the league.

When are all these little kids going to realize that ALL head coaches take pride in their defense, and will have a defensive expert calling the defensive plays.

Y'all are running out of excuses...

Posted

Stop Kelly 2012

Posted

There is a lot about Kelly that really intrigued me. But there is a lot about him and his system that worries me.

I just don't know which way I am leaning.

I am just do confused.