Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

here's a couple of cool cam newton stats for you going into the final matchup against moleface and the sloppy taints

26 posts in this topic

Posted

This game could be a turning point for this franchise. There may be more at stake than a couple of stats for Cam (which are very cool)...but this game could determine the direction this franchise takes for the next few years...it could decide Rivera's fate...which in turn could lead to the new GM making some coaching splash to replace him....

Other than the deep playoff runs has there ever been a more interesting game for this team?

1 person likes this

Posted

Good post Philly! I think cam finishes with close to a 300 yard performance

Posted

1 more TD and Cam becomes just the fourth QB to throw for 20 TD's in each of his first two seasons. The other three are P Manning, D Marino and Ginger Dalton.

Posted

1 more TD and Cam becomes just the fourth QB to throw for 20 TD's in each of his first two seasons. The other three are P Manning, D Marino and Ginger Dalton.

that actually shocks me.

how bout if you look at overall touchdowns? does that make cam the all-time TD leader over two combined seasons?

Posted

that actually shocks me.

how bout if you look at overall touchdowns? does that make cam the all-time TD leader over two combined seasons?

Yeah he would definitely have to be... dude accounted for 35 TDs his rookie season and is likely to finish this season with another 29-30. That's pretty awesome, actually, and it just puts into perspective the ridiculous expectations placed on him.

Posted

i'd be happy just coming out with a win, having swept the saints, beaten them in new orleans, and finishing better than the saints this year (in the standings anyway).

Posted

that actually shocks me.

Marino had 70.

22 total 1st year

48 second year

Then there is Rodgers who had 67 total his first two years starting, but obviously he sat for a few years before he started.

Cam is at 62 currently. If he can get up to 65-66. I think that would put him right behind those two guys. Not 100% sure of that though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Marino had 70.

22 total 1st year

48 second year

Then there is Rodgers who had 67 total his first two years starting, but obviously he sat for a few years before he started.

Cam is at 62 currently. If he can get up to 65-66. I think that would put him right behind those two guys. Not 100% sure of that though.

Wow, I stand corrected... I didn't realize Marino had that many his first two seasons.

Posted

Wow, I stand corrected... I didn't realize Marino had that many his first two seasons.

48 tds in his second year is just amazing. But even then Cam is right behind. If the offense could have clicked a few games earlier, he easily could have had the record. The Seattle game and the missed TD by Lafell in the Chiefs games, those are 2 right there he should have had.

Posted

what's the three-year record, anyone know? cam could conceivably have 100 by the end of next season

Posted

what's the three-year record, anyone know? cam could conceivably have 100 by the end of next season

Just checked Marino and Rodgers. Marino was dead even at 100 for his first 3 seasons while AR fell 1 short at 99... so yeah it's possible Cam could tie that or possibly surpass it next year.

I looked up a few other notable QBs and none of them really came close, so... yeah, I'm assuming 100 is the record for the first 3 years. Haha, I could be wrong again though.

Posted

Cant wait