Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 plays from the playoffs.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

they are who we thought they were....and we letem off the hook.

now if you want to crown their ass then crown em but they who we thought they were...........;. :cigar:

Posted

I would change two of those three plays slightly.

1. Third and one against atl. Cam fumbles. First down equals game over.

2. Pick six against chicago. Even a three and out and a punt we win that game. It happened with less then five minutes left and us up two possessions.

3. Cams dirt ball against seattle

And Ill go 4. Cam's failure to pick up a first down against the bucs and end the game with kneel downs.

That puts us 10-5 & already in the playoffs.

All those plays are directly qb fail related.

This is not a bash Cam post, he is still learning and growing. Most realists said year three would be the jump. If we dump Rivera I think that gets pushed to year five or six. If we truly think we have the talent to win now we need to keep RR.

2 people like this

Posted

I would change two of those three plays slightly.

1. Third and one against atl. Cam fumbles. First down equals game over.

2. Pick six against chicago. Even a three and out and a punt we win that game. It happened with less then five minutes left and us up two possessions.

3. Cams dirt ball against seattle

And Ill go 4. Cam's failure to pick up a first down against the bucs and end the game with kneel downs.

That puts us 10-5 & already in the playoffs.

All those plays are directly qb fail related.

This is not a bash Cam post, he is still learning and growing. Most realists said year three would be the jump. If we dump Rivera I think that gets pushed to year five or six. If we truly think we have the talent to win now we need to keep RR.

Definitely, your #1 was the first one that I thought of. Maybe because it was against ATL, but it was as simple as holding onto the ball.

Posted

Also would you guys rather start strong then implode (cardinals,bears,giants,bucs,steelers this year) or go our route?

Posted

Just looking at the standings,

If we were successful on these 3 plays we would be in the playoffs right now:

1. The throw at the feet of the wide open Harstock in the Seattle game.

2. The Hail Mary by Matt Ryan in the first Atlanta Game

3. The last minute touchdown in the Bucs game (or the 2 point conversion).

TBH looking any two would have been enough for playoff contention. .....

Merry Christmas???????

I could be wrong because I'm not praising Cam but if I were to pick a play that sealed our loss to the Falcons it was Cam's fumble followed closely by RIvera's unwillingness to go for it 4th and 1 after Cam fumbled it.

He fumbled what would have been a first down, he was past the marker and that would have sealed for the win, that IMO is a single play changed that would have won the game.

As good as he has become, Cam was not playing this good in the beginning, he made a lot of mistakes that cost us the game if we are talking about single plays that made the biggest impact, in all though the team sucked in general.

Posted

Yep, it blows, but Rivera isn't a bad coach by any means; as a team we just struggled to make plays down the stretch. Whether that be to coaches play calls or player execution, this team and even this coaching staff is better than the record indicates.

By the way Rivera's winning percentage isn't the worst in the NFL for all those that b*tch about him.

Note: Seven of our nine losses were by a touchdown or less...

That right there shows Rivera is a bad coach.

Posted

Also would you guys rather start strong then implode (cardinals,bears,giants,bucs,steelers this year) or go our route?

I'd say our route, makes us feel better about next year. However those teams were in the playoff hunt longer which feels exciting.

Posted

Rivera sucks, stop finding excuses.

Posted

Just looking at the standings,

If we were successful on these 3 plays we would be in the playoffs right now:

1. The throw at the feet of the wide open Harstock in the Seattle game.

2. The Hail Mary by Matt Ryan in the first Atlanta Game

3. The last minute touchdown in the Bucs game (or the 2 point conversion).

TBH looking any two would have been enough for playoff contention. .....

Merry Christmas???????

and what do all those have in common? our DB's let us down, been saying for a while now that if we can just upgrade our DB's we are a top 5 defense and a playoff team next year

Posted

Rivera sucks, stop finding excuses.

Players and Rivera have both sucked. Players can improve, but coaches cannot? This comes from a huge Rivera hater stemming from the ATL (myself)

Posted

That right there shows Rivera is a bad coach.

that's some funny sh*t right there...........I don't care who you are.

Posted

Players and Rivera have both sucked. Players can improve, but coaches cannot? This comes from a huge Rivera hater stemming from the ATL (myself)

So you don't see that this season is exactly like last season?