Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One more mock before the Combine

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Love doing these things.

Side note ~ I want us to some how get into the 3rd and draft DE Margus Hunt. Dude is a freak athlete.

1st Round: WR 6'3 205 Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee

Been mocking this guy in the 2nd but there is no way in hell he isnt taken in the 1st. Dude is just a freak athlete with insane big play / YAC skills.

2nd Round: 6'5 OG/OT Dallas Thomas Tennessee

6_570600.jpg

I want Barret Jones here, but I dont think he will be around. Like Jones, Thomas is versatile and can play guard and tackle. Tennessee allowed the fewest sacks in the SEC.

4th Round: TE 6'5 245 Ryan Otten San Jose State

940x.jpg

Athletic TE with alot of potential. 44 catches 706 yrds 16 YPC which is top in the NCAA for TEs with 40 or more receptions.

5th Round: DT 6'3 330 Montori Hughes Tennessee-Martin

utfootball001.jpg

I really like this guy late. I doubt he will still be under the radar after the combine. Was a highly rated prep player with a short stint at Tennessee before being dismissed from the team in 2009 then enrolled in Tennessee-Martin.

6th Round: CB/S 6'3 191 Melvin "MJ' White Louisiana-Lafayette

Melvin-White1.jpg

Like this guy as a under the radar prospect from a small school. Big athletic and fast DB that played both S and CB for the Ragin Cajuns.

Posted

UT Fan?

Posted

Naw, just a coincidence.

Posted

Like Swagga said it a couple days ago, it does really seem like some people just copy others on mocks and doesn't put a lot of thought on it.

One person mocked a Patterson in the 1st, a Hughes in the late, and talk about a Hunt on a previous thread and you could clearly expect to see something like that pretty soon.

Posted

No copying here. Ive been mocking Patterson to us for awhile (i prob was the first) and I was the first to mock Hughes and White. I also think I started the Alvin Bailey to us in the 4th in one of my earlier drafts.

Posted

I don't think that picture is even Dallas Thomas

Posted

I think you are lying about no mock drafts until after the combine

3 people like this

Posted

Mine was also a coincidence but every player being from the SEC was on purpose ..clearly a superior conference.

Posted

i really would not mind Patterson in the first.

Posted

I really like this mock for us. I'm a big Otten fan(Have him ranked as my 4th TE)

Posted

If Patterson puts on a show at the combine, I'd think his season performance would be strong enough it wouldn't be considered a fluke. If this happens, and Star and Hankins are gone, I wouldn't mind him in the first as long as we get a DT in the 2nd.

Posted

whats with all this tight end stuff....cant u find a blocking te off the street lol...i mean come man.