Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

Cam Newton likely to be fined by NFL for bumping official

89 posts in this topic

Cam's not genuine or real?

PFFL how pitiful is your life that all you have to do on Christmas is spout idiocy about an athlete all day?

I see Grits is right behind you, what a pair you two make.

PFFL how pitiful is your life that all you have to do on Christmas is spout idiocy about an athlete all day?

Brady%2520You%2520Mad%2520Short.gif

Eh he will grow out of this and I think he would pay the fine without making an issue of it.. He apologized on multiple occasions as well.

I think he was sincere, he was just caught up in the emotions of the game rather than being a voice of reason.

since bill belichick was fined 50k for running down an official and grabbing him in a threatning manner i suspect cam newton to get fined 500k his go play60 commercial to be pulled and under armor to drop him.

I think you mean 5,000. He didn't go chasing after the Ref and even the Ref said the bumbn which his haters seem to want to add to all the silly ish they canfind wrong with him, was an accident.

Yeah, we do need to feed the media's image of Cam don't we.

Are you in a better position if you come in here on Christmas to complain about posters who talk about Cam Newton? Every time I see you respond to one of his replies, it's about him personally rather than the topic.

If he's fined even though the Ref corrected himself later by saying that Newton didn't bump him, that would be a travesty.

No...It would simply prove that thei media is out to ruin Cam'simage.

The Ref stated the bumb wasn't intentionalbut folks are running with their quick to judge stories and ignoring the reality. Cam apolgized and the Raider defense admitted they were out to hurt Cam but he's going to be fined anyway and some on here are quite pleased with it despite all of that simply because it's Cam. Nothing obvious about that at all.

Yes, it seem there is a serious witch hunt out for this young man. And some on this site are more than happy to help destroy Cam's football career.

I'm sure Cam agrees that a fine is appropriate.

When Brady and Eli do it though its ok and they dont need to quit that right?

I know right, I mean why shouldn't Cam Newton be able to get away with the same thing as established Superbowl winning, HOF bound quarterbacks?

Isn't that what u folks wanted.. I get the impression wouldn't leave Cam alone until. U get him thrown out the NFL

I could have sworn the Refs themselves say the bump was not intentional but it's fugging Cam.

Double post

Well, in all seriousness, since Matther Stafford was only fined 7500 when he actually went after the denfensive guy last season after it was clear the team was upset that they were losing to Chicago, then Cam should only received 5,000. It's clear he didn't intentionally bumb the Ref and he had a right to defend himself, especially when it's clear the defender was out to hurt him and the Ref didn't call him on it.

Despite what his haters want to push there is way to many thing pointing to the fact that Cam had a right to be pissed and he never went after the Ref. The Ref got caught in the middle that was accidentally bumbed. Those who claimed other players have been fined for calling out the Refs, please show me the articles and make sure the situation is similiar to Cam's situation.

Isn't that what u folks wanted.. I get the impression wouldn't leave Cam alone until. U get him thrown out the NFL

I could have sworn the Refs themselves say the bump was not intentional but it's fugging Cam.

Damn you are a complete idiot.

No one is bashing Newton. I don't blame him one bit for his reactions to the cheap shots the Raiders were taking. I was very impressed that he kept his composure as well as he did. Most of us, myself included, would have done much worse.

We just realize that the NFL has been very consistent with touching refs. You touch them and you get a fine.

Was it malicious...no.

Was it intentional..I don't think so.

Was it dumb and warrants a fine...yes, based on the rules.

Cam knew he stepped over the line and publically apologized for the episode. But, a fine is definitely coming,

Now, if a suspension is handed down, That would be a ridiculous travesty.