Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton likely to be fined by NFL for bumping official

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#25 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Cam's not genuine or real?

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

PFFL how pitiful is your life that all you have to do on Christmas is spout idiocy about an athlete all day?

I see Grits is right behind you, what a pair you two make.

#27 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

PFFL how pitiful is your life that all you have to do on Christmas is spout idiocy about an athlete all day?

Posted Image

#28 dugbug

dugbug

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Eh he will grow out of this and I think he would pay the fine without making an issue of it.. He apologized on multiple occasions as well.

I think he was sincere, he was just caught up in the emotions of the game rather than being a voice of reason.

#29 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

since bill belichick was fined 50k for running down an official and grabbing him in a threatning manner i suspect cam newton to get fined 500k his go play60 commercial to be pulled and under armor to drop him.

I think you mean 5,000. He didn't go chasing after the Ref and even the Ref said the bumbn which his haters seem to want to add to all the silly ish they canfind wrong with him, was an accident.

Yeah, we do need to feed the media's image of Cam don't we.

#30 PantherWhiskers

PantherWhiskers

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Are you in a better position if you come in here on Christmas to complain about posters who talk about Cam Newton? Every time I see you respond to one of his replies, it's about him personally rather than the topic.

#31 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

If he's fined even though the Ref corrected himself later by saying that Newton didn't bump him, that would be a travesty.

No...It would simply prove that thei media is out to ruin Cam'simage.

The Ref stated the bumb wasn't intentionalbut folks are running with their quick to judge stories and ignoring the reality. Cam apolgized and the Raider defense admitted they were out to hurt Cam but he's going to be fined anyway and some on here are quite pleased with it despite all of that simply because it's Cam. Nothing obvious about that at all.

Yes, it seem there is a serious witch hunt out for this young man. And some on this site are more than happy to help destroy Cam's football career.

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm sure Cam agrees that a fine is appropriate.

#33 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yep and niether was his kicking tantrum. People can defend him here all they want, but Cam gives reasons for poeple to pick him apart. He is immature, I'm sure he'll get over it but the fact remains he needs to quit that poo.

When Brady and Eli do it though its ok and they dont need to quit that right?

#34 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

When Brady and Eli do it though its ok and they dont need to quit that right?

I know right, I mean why shouldn't Cam Newton be able to get away with the same thing as established Superbowl winning, HOF bound quarterbacks?

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Isn't that what u folks wanted.. I get the impression wouldn't leave Cam alone until. U get him thrown out the NFL

I could have sworn the Refs themselves say the bump was not intentional but it's fugging Cam.

Double post

#36 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Well, in all seriousness, since Matther Stafford was only fined 7500 when he actually went after the denfensive guy last season after it was clear the team was upset that they were losing to Chicago, then Cam should only received 5,000. It's clear he didn't intentionally bumb the Ref and he had a right to defend himself, especially when it's clear the defender was out to hurt him and the Ref didn't call him on it.

Despite what his haters want to push there is way to many thing pointing to the fact that Cam had a right to be pissed and he never went after the Ref. The Ref got caught in the middle that was accidentally bumbed. Those who claimed other players have been fined for calling out the Refs, please show me the articles and make sure the situation is similiar to Cam's situation.