Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setting aside the "Newton vs Luck" stuff...

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Part two of that wish is more likely to happen than part one.

That would be just fine with me.

Posted

Be kind of a downer if the Colts tanked after Pagano came back full time.

However, knowing the way the world works, that's probably what'll happen.

Well, it's going to be very emtional and which way they channel that will determine how it works out in the end.

Posted

You could make an argument, for certain.

With that said, given the emotion surrounding the Colts season and the hype surrounding Andrew Luck, don't be surprised if he wins it.

Honestly, I could live with any of those three getting the nod.

If I had to list my OROY's it would be

1. Wilson

2. Griffin

3. Doug Martin

4. Andrew Luck

Posted

Realistically, Martin has no shot (deserving or not).

Posted

Morris>Martin

Posted

Luck vs Cam is the new Peyton vs Brady. We should appreciate this, not tear them down.

Are you new here? Luck could've thrown for 6000 yds and they could've played the Packers every game, and RGIII could have played blind with a broken femur while the Skins played the Pats every game and this retarded board will still belittle anything not slurping the sack that is Cam and the fact we could easily have won 11 games this year.

Worst homers in the NFL, folks. Right here.

Posted

Realistically, Martin has no shot (deserving or not).

Oh I agree, but he's earned the recognition he does get.

Posted

i want us to aim higher around here. instead of 1st downs lets celebrate touchdowns. instead of getting hot for no good reason and shoot ourselves in the foot at a great draft pick, lets get a high pick because we made the playoffs.

cam is great and i don't worry about his game at all. but our team and franchise and fans need to be sick to our stomachs to see even teams like the Rams do well.

look at the Falcons. TWICE they have won the division in a couple of yrs. of course there will be those that go yeah but they lose in the playoffs. they fired BOTH cord's after last year. that tells me they are hungry and won't settle for beating their chest about how good is Ryan vs Mark Sanchez or Sam Bradford.

win and win and just win. thats all that matters.

Posted

What are we debating, who will be the bigger #1 picked bust? Because honestly Luck hasn't shown he can man the pro style offense Bruce Arians is having him run as good as he was hyped up to be able to, and the Colts are hell bent on doing so rather than letting him run a spread option style offense to take advantage of his rushing. I don't know how many times this year I watched him have an easy 5 yard run for a first down but he insists on completing this bomb down field which either is incomplete or picked off.

I think RG3 and, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say, Kirk Cousins will be better than both of them. Not sure about Wilson yet.

Now you have to look at QB's in two different ways. Elite pocket passers. And Elite spread option QB's.

I think Captain Kirk has shown he has the tools to be an elite pocket passer.

RG3 will be an elite spread option QB. If he lasts, when he turns 30-32, I think he can transition to a very accurate, pure pocket passer too. He really needs to stay healthy though.

They will separate themselves from the rest of the pack.

Reading some of the comments here, I think it's funny how so many Cam supporters hate RG3 just cause he's shown he's a more lethal and efficient version of Cam and he's likely to be the black quarterback everyone will be proud of, not Cam. He really does bring out all the qualities that are wrong with Cam, doesn't he?

Panthers struck out again because Richardson didn't have the balls to pass on Cam for fear of being accused of racism after he tried to get Luck to come out by telling him he's drafting a quarterback. Ooops! He'll always be a gutless owner, imo.

Posted

If I had to list my OROY's it would be

1. Wilson

2. Griffin

3. Doug Martin

4. Andrew Luck

I agree on Wildon. Guy is playing lights out and the Hawks are spanking good teams. He deserves it, but will be snubbed.

2 people like this

Posted

their can only be one black qb american fans can proud of..............im sure alot of people like montana, elway, marino brady and manning. always got to be about being black pffl. lol

i agree that cousins does look good for the games he started makes you wonder how special rg3 is. but i think all these new qb have did awesome. shoot back in the day a rookie qb took about 3-4 years to start clicking. now we got about 4 already doing well.

anyways if people would stop bringing up the subject it would die...now of course they are always going to be compared because football is about being the best and they came out around the same time.

i also think wilson an luke deserves rookie of the year.

1 person likes this

Posted

LMAO!!! You know PFFL, i see how you find different ways to step your game up when people dont take your initial bait. You become more persistent with your posts. Its pretty damn funny.