Photo
- - - - -

Setting aside the "Newton vs Luck" stuff...

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

The only thing I'll be rooting for in the playoffs is for those Failcons to lose.

#47 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Are you new here? Luck could've thrown for 6000 yds and they could've played the Packers every game, and RGIII could have played blind with a broken femur while the Skins played the Pats every game and this retarded board will still belittle anything not slurping the sack that is Cam and the fact we could easily have won 11 games this year.

Worst homers in the NFL, folks. Right here.

Precious... just precious.

#48 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

OROY is a tossup between Wilson, RGIII, and Luck, but at this point I would give the nod to RGIII or Wilson. However, Luck is going to be a surgeon in the future, a very cerebral football player. Wilson (though playing lights out right now) has the benefit of his defense but will falter a little at some point in his career. RGIII is, well ... RGIII, but he's injury prone and will miss a batch of games throughout his career.

The long term solution is Luck. Regardless of stats you don't win 10 games as a rookie QB. He is a guy who will take command of his offense (similar to shall I say ... Peyton Manning).

Regardless, I'm happy with the guy in the #1 jersey we have. Here's to a future of showdowns between the next wave of elite QB's, and I am ecstatic Carolina can finally take part in the action.

#49 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

The following article is the kind of thing that makes me want to root AGAINST Luck...

http://sports.yahoo....-040000663.html

While Luck is likely to finish third in the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year balloting, he deserved better when it came to Pro Bowl voting. Sure, his stats don't measure up to the Houston Texans' Matt Schaub, who made it behind Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for the AFC team, but Luck was asked to do far more in the grand scheme of a season than Schaub.

Luck - 54.3% completion, 7.0 ypa, 21 TDs, 18 ints, 75.6 QB rating (10 team wins)
Schaub - 64/2 % completion, 7.3 ypa, 22 TDs, 10 ints, 92.4 QB rating (12 team wins)

So, if you follow Jason Cole's convoluted logic that Luck "is asked to do more" than Schaub, than Luck "is asked to do more" but accomplishes less, and Schaub is asked to do less but accomplishes MORE (higher %, higher ypa, more TDs, less ints).

Yet (again by Cole's convoluted logic) Luck deserves it more than Schaub does.

#50 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

http://50.116.44.142/qba/player/A.Luck

See all the purple games? That's all you need to know about Luck and the Colts winning in spite of him this year.

#51 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

I hope to god that Luck doesn't come in and make a SB run. We won't hear the end of it from the Luck supporters in the huddle.

#52 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

See all the purple games? That's all you need to know about Luck and the Colts winning in spite of him this year.

I also see that Luck has been under 50% completion percentage for his last four games. And five games this year.

Hmmmm...

#53 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

PFF also have him rated negatively as a passer, ranked 26th of 39 qualifying QBs. In addition when adjusting his accuracy statistic by counting drops as completions and removing spikes, throw aways etc then he is 34th out of 39 in accuracy.

The only thing pundits are looking at is his game winning drives, which is obviously important but looking at his as a passer he isn't anywhere near rg3 or Wilson.

#54 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Worst homers in the NFL, folks. Right here.

We're the best homers in the NFL.

#55 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

put a minimum attempts in there at 50 or 100 or something, imo.

#56 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

put a minimum attempts in there at 50 or 100 or something, imo.

100 attempts for what? If you're talking about the season rankings single game players are marked with an asterisk.

#57 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

100 attempts for what? If you're talking about the season rankings single game players are marked with an asterisk.

eh, I just prefer a cleaner list than that, but a matter of preference. I could tell who had single games from the asterisk but there just seems to be no reason to leave them on the season rankings really, though I can understand why you wouldn't want to arbitrarily assign some minimum number of attempts I guess.

#58 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

eh, I just prefer a cleaner list than that, but a matter of preference. I could tell who had single games from the asterisk but there just seems to be no reason to leave them on the season rankings really, though I can understand why you wouldn't want to arbitrarily assign some minimum number of attempts I guess.

Well, my problem is that you can narrow the dataset to single weeks, which would mark everyone as outliers because no one would have had more than one game. I'll think of something.

#59 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Not a big deal, I applaud your effort, neat little stat you have :)

#60 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

From where i am, i always feel like the Texans are a kind of mafia, everything Texan rocks and everything else sucks.
This feeling is especially strong on the nfl and espn websites.
They will prize and prize again Luck, Romo Manning (colt) etc. but the remaining QBs/players are just foils

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com