Photo
- - - - -

Why you think Ron Rivera should stay (or go)? --POLL--

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Why you think coach should go..? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What reason do you have to keep him?

1. He has earned it during the past few games (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

2. because it might be 2 steps back if we put Cam and Co. in new system (43 votes [29.66%])

Percentage of vote: 29.66%

3. because there is no one better out there (3 votes [2.07%])

Percentage of vote: 2.07%

4. because our defense is top 10 with scrubs and half the team on IR (21 votes [14.48%])

Percentage of vote: 14.48%

5. other (explain) (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

6. Voted I do not thonk Rivera should return (60 votes [41.38%])

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

I actually don't care either way.

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,614 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I actually don't care either way.

GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM!

#18 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

- Two losing seasons in a row
- Little to no improvement record-wise in those two years
- Inability to adjust in game or before
- Emotionally distant
- Misuses talent
- Puts good talent in the doghouse over single mistakes and instead puts mediocre talent in
- Refusal to can inept schemes when it's clear they don't work
- Think's it's cool to be emotionally distant all season and then wants to start chewing out his players after he finally manages to win. Really? You had NO RIGHT to act like that all season and then act like hot poo after one victory when your career is a failure

#19 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

He should have put his foot down with Chud sooner; I would like a coach who can adjust as the year progresses not at the end or during the off season. I have said it before but I would like to have a HC with a little fire in his belly, not a Rex Ryan type but someone who has a little more than Rivera. If they can’t find anyone who is better than Rivera then kept him and look to replacing Chud, I think they could be better separate.

#20 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

If you had a few minutes, could you name 5 coaches that are available and are better than Ron Rivera?

Yea, I knew you could..

As far as Cam goes, he learned an offense in one year at Blinn, Auburn, and Carolina. He can do it again, easily..

#21 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Stay if Saints win

#22 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Here's the thing.

The GM should be drafting for his HC.

What has Rivera done to warrant returning? Don't give me "Well he should come back for a third year, but be on a short leash". That wastes the 2013 draft - we'll be drafting players that fit the current system. If Rivera disappoints again and is fired suddenly you have 3 or 4 2nd year players that the new HC doesn't have any investment in.

Sack Rivera. Wipe the slate clean. Let the new GM bring in his own man and let him live or die by his own choices, not Hurney's.

#23 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Rivera should be back as HC.

#24 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I want to ship Rivera off, I really do. However I feel you need to give NFL coaches at least 2 - 3 years to prove their worth and system. I would keep him on a short leash, if we start 1-3 or 2-3, axe him...

#25 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ron Rivera should return because I haven't seen a reason to fire him.

It takes a few years to turn things around (in some cases) and this team is trending upward.

the players play for him and that is real important at this time in the season.

#26 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

You people who think getting rid of Rivera will take Cam a step back need to realize that it doesn't matter what the hell Cam does if our coach is a moron who costs us WINS. This game is about WINNING...not stats that your QB puts up. Ben Roethlisberger has put up pretty mediocre stats his entire career...but he wins games and b/c of that is considered one of the 5 best in the league. Get over this fear of trying to make a 23 year old QB learn a new system. The NFL changes so much that he is going to have to learn new things every offseason in order to adapt and win.

It's ridiculous to me that we have had virtually an identical season to last year (losses up front to take us out of the playoffs then wins at the end to make Rivera look prettier) and you people want to go for a round 3. Wow...This city doesn't deserve an elite franchise if this is seriously all that you people demand.

#27 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The emotional side of me says he has to go, the reasonable side says he stays, we we within one score of seven teams and had a lot of blown leads we are a young team in most positions we will learn our defense is improving greatly when we get some talent back on that side of the ball and if we can pick up some younger DTS we will be a force possible cheap free agents include Sedric Ellis, Dorsey, Allan Branch ect.

I would love to get Geoff Swartz back to play RG (he grades out awesome there).

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

why no option for giving the GM a clean slate?

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

- Two losing seasons in a row
- Little to no improvement record-wise in those two years
- Inability to adjust in game or before
- Emotionally distant
- Misuses talent
- Puts good talent in the doghouse over single mistakes and instead puts mediocre talent in
- Refusal to can inept schemes when it's clear they don't work
- Think's it's cool to be emotionally distant all season and then wants to start chewing out his players after he finally manages to win. Really? You had NO RIGHT to act like that all season and then act like hot poo after one victory when your career is a failure

agreed with all this except the pooty emotional stuff.what is this, the doctor phil show? emotionally distant. lolother than that, good post.

#30 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Rivera is going to have to bring in a guy with HC experience. I think if he would have done that to begin with, our record could reflect it with a few more wins.

He's also going to have to make a tough decision on Chud. IMHO, it might be best to fire Chud and bring in Norv Turner as OC at the end of the season.

I honestly think RR will be back next season no matter what happens this weekend in NO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.