Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If RR stays next year...

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaCoolin' timestamp='1356501841' post='2062415']
Ain't lame and duck the same exact thing ?
[/quote]
no.

one is an animal. the other is someone that doesn't realize that.

Posted · Report post

JR has never fired a coach during the season, because he's a football guy and realizes what a pointless move that is. I believe Rivera is going to get one more season to show JR something. This team is "trending up" and both Cam and Luke are thriving in the current offensive and defensive systems.

I was on the "fire Rivera" bandwagon myself, but these last few games have earned him one more season in my book.

Posted · Report post

He's shown what he is and more importantly..what he isn't. What he is NOT is a coach who can adequately control a 23 year old superstar QB. He's not a coach who can make calls under pressure. He's not a coach who can manage the clock. He's not a coach who can handle adversity. Therefore...he is not a head coach.

Posted · Report post

I'm not convinced anyone can "control" Cam like you are suggesting, because I don't think he is out of control. I think he is passionate and that shows, and I think trying to force that passion out of him could be very detrimental.

To the topic at hand, unless we get completely blown out this weekend, I would be very surprised if Rivera were to be let go. Rivera has only had one full offseason with the players, the defense is playing well and the offense shows flashes. The one potential issue is the GM switch... a new GM may want a new HC.

Posted · Report post

we should keep him on a "short leash"?

have you seen how ron performs when the chips are down? you might as well fire him now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bob NC' timestamp='1356527619' post='2062499']

Will they let me into the stadium carrying my

"GO LAW OF AVERAGES" sign?
[/quote]

They've never bothered Jase about his.

Posted · Report post

It's not our decision anyway.

I'm actually on board with the team keeping him if that's what the new gm decides.

Rivera is a good coach.

Posted · Report post

If we beat the saints we should keep RR. Yeah i said it

Posted · Report post

31 Dec 2012

The End of a Reverror..