Photo
- - - - -

Tony Dungy.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Are the Carolina Panthers a team with Cam/luke enough to lure Tony out of retirement and IF it is,... would you be for him as the new head coach?

#2 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

No thanks.

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I am holding out for Jerry Glanville

#4 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

nope

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Tony Dungy will never Coach football again end of story, he's stated as much in the past and bringing it up as a conversation is just as relevant as asking if Vince Lombardi will would be willing to Coach the Panthers.

#6 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

i can't put my finger on it...but for whatever reason, this thread gives me a strong sense of deja vu.

#7 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

i can't put my finger on it...but for whatever reason, this thread gives me a strong sense of deja vu.

That's because I started the same thread about a month ago and got my rear chewed out for bringing it up. "TONY DUNGY WILL NEVER COACH AGAIN" was what I heard.... along with a lot of "But if he did it would be a great move"

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

i wouldn't complain if it happened... but it's not going to happen. honestly i'd prefer keeping rivera over dungy

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

That's because I started the same thread about a month ago and got my rear chewed out for bringing it up. "TONY DUNGY WILL NEVER COACH AGAIN" was what I heard.... along with a lot of "But if he did it would be a great move"

Because he will never coach football again, anyone that's paid an ounce of attention since he retired would know this.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

how many more times does the man have to say he won't ever coach again before people will believe he's not going to coach again?

#11 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

People change their minds all the time. There was an article written a few weeks ago about the Panthers Cam and Luke being enough to lure Bill Parcells out of retirement. Another man who said he was done.
Key is message boards and fan sites are places for people to throw out ideas. This idea is actually better than most. Him/me asking a question that isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility, which lets be honest it isn't, always cracks me up the reaction of people eager to remind people how dumb their ideas are. Especially on this site.

#12 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

<<<< wonders what Joe Gibbs is up to these days

#13 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

People change their minds all the time. There was an article written a few weeks ago about the Panthers Cam and Luke being enough to lure Bill Parcells out of retirement. Another man who said he was done.
Key is message boards and fan sites are places for people to throw out ideas. This idea is actually better than most. Him/me asking a question that isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility, which lets be honest it isn't, always cracks me up the reaction of people eager to remind people how dumb their ideas are. Especially on this site.

okay, so ignore the fact that dungy has adamantly stated on numerous occassions that he is done with coaching, and i'll present my answer with a different approach...

is cam newton and like kuechly enough to lure someone who has already coached probably the greatest player in the history of the game to carolina?

no.

and if that's not enough, name something that dungy hasn't accomplished that would entice him to come back and try to achieve.

#14 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

and if that's not enough, name something that dungy hasn't accomplished that would entice him to come back and try to achieve.

Maybe he hasn't accomplished a cure for boredom.

#15 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Never say never. Unless you live with Tony Dungy or you know what he thinks you have know right to say whether he will do something or not. People change there minds everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.