Finishing 2nd in NFCS = more Rivera

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

A win on Sunday is the difference between 2nd and 4th place in the division.

Rivera wins and I feel JR hires a GM that believes RR deserves one more year with Cam.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I believe Rivera has already insured his return.

#3 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I believe Rivera has already insured his return.

6-10, last place in the NFCS with multiple games lost bc of poor coaching in close games that matter? Winning a couple late when they didn't matter.

Sounds like a repeat of 2011. No improvement in virtually any aspect. More I think about it....to trend upwards Rivera needs this game IMO (which I didn't think earlier).

This game, in a world of meaningless games, actually has some meaning....which makes it the closest opportunity for him to show something in a game with a little meaning.....actually show he is improving.

#4 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I dont care about the impact it has on RR i just want to beat the poo stains and be 2nd in the division. That sounds so much better than 6-10 and last place.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

still a losing record two years in a row.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

6-10, last place in the NFCS with multiple games lost bc of poor coaching in close games that matter? Winning a couple late when they didn't matter.

Sounds like a repeat of 2011. No improvement in virtually any aspect. More I think about it....to trend upwards Rivera needs this game IMO (which I didn't think earlier).

This game, in a world of meaningless games, actually has some meaning....which makes it the closest opportunity for him to show something in a game with a little meaning.....actually show he is improving.

i think the key for me is what does he do if we have a lead of less than 3 TDs in the last 5-10 minutes of the game (which i don't see happening with this saints team).

does he give the saints an opportunity to possess the ball, depending on our D to try and keep them from scoring or does he try to keep the ball in the only safe place...in our possession? does he try and grow the score rather than try to "protect" it?

that will let me know how much he's learned this year.

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yeah I rather Rivera have a 13-18 Record than a 12-19 Record. That's just me. beating the snot out of the Stains and getting 2nd in the division matter more to me than the future of Ron Rivera. I guess I'm indifferent towards the topic of him being fired or not.

#8 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 868 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

This is a hated division rival that ran up the score on us last year for their own personal enjoyment.

Destroy the Saints, Rivera.

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

The D has vastly improved, so have the ST's and Cam as this year was wasted.

Jerry is a patient owner who wants to model the Panthers after Pitt and NYG, two other organizations who have benefited quite a bit from patience.

The record may not improve, but to say we haven't improved as a team is short sighted. We improved on ST and switched a good O for a good D. I think he should have next year to get it all together.

We usually give rookies a three year learning curve, so why not rookie coaches?

#10 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,665 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Jerry is a patient owner who wants to model the Panthers after Pitt and NYG, two other organizations who have benefited quite a bit from patience.

The record may not improve, but to say we haven't improved as a team is short sighted. We improved on ST and switched a good O for a good D. I think he should have next year to get it all together.

Yea and that's why we're in the position we're in now

How about model yourself after....

NOBODY

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,495 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

time to see if little brother has grown up

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,884 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

time to see if little brother has grown up

I was wondering who'd reference that :lol:

#13 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

you know your franchise is poorly ran when your late season, job-saving turn around includes a loss to the worst team in the NFL

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,495 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

i just want to see greg hardy turn drew brees into mr. mopeyhead

#15 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

so what we have is a better class of loser.

i'm resigned to the notion that instead of going after an upgrade we'll probably be trying the "patient" approach with rivera since we obviously seem fine with losing records as long as we are "better". i don't see switching for a good/elite offense to a good defense being improved. i don't see finishing with the same number of wins as last year being improved, but whatever.

i like seeing improvement. in game management i haven't seen much. aside form the last couple weeks i haven't seen a coaching staff willing to take advantage of a hungry team. i see a coaching staff willing to try and sit on a lead in an era in which the rules makes in incredibly easy for a team to launch it deep downfield and put themselves either in scoring position or in FG range quickly, regardless of where you start out. i don't think he's incredibly forward thinking and i don't think he's all that capable of out thinking most coaches.

he's a players coach...but that may not be what makes someone the best coach, at least not on their own. i think he's a great DC, and that's probably where he should have stayed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com