Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

As of right now NO pro bowl for panthers.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Five Chiefs made it. That right there tells you how legit a Pro Bowl berth is.

#32 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm so glad none of our players made it. Hopefully, we can do it again next season.

#33 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Really want Carolina players in the Hall of fame but don't want Carolina players in the pro bowl

Huddle logic

#34 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

If you believe the reports, it was Cam's "Holier than thou" attitude that got him in trouble last year and warranted the retribution from the AFC defense.

But really, the Pro Bowl has caused some serious injuries in the past. (Wasn't it Drew Breeze who got hurt and it was partly responsible for him not getting his contract renewed with the Bolts? Of Course the Saints were happy at the way it turned out.) Other players have sustained career ending injuries in the Pro Bowl.

The reason the NFL moved it to Hawaii and pays for the players and families to go there for a week, was to try and keep players from opting out.

About the only really good thing about the Pro Bowl is if a player salary is setup with incentives, and he makes the Pro Bowl Roster. He get's paid. Other than that, you can't blitz, there's only four defensive formations you can run, and everything is geared toward a high scoring game.

You can pretty much guarantee that if Peyton is in the Super Bowl, he won't be at the Pro Bowl. (I think they get an automatic excuse if their team in in the SB. anyway.)

#35 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,959 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

CJ made PFF's "Pro Bowl worthy list"

https://www.profootb...ter-2012-nfc/2/

#36 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Oh man, can't wait to win all those Super Bowls with the zero Pro Bowlers we'll have.

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,109 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

If 1 Panther player made the roster: "Oh man, this guy, this guy and this guy should have got in, too."

If 5 Panther players made the roster: "See, the Panthers really are relevant and a lot better than their 6-10 record."

Reality: No Panthers on the Pro-Bowl roster: "No big deal, the game sucks anyway. I won't be watching and it's a big joke. Besides, 5 Chiefs got in, how bad can that be?"

...except for the fact the Chiefs beat Carolina and the Pro-Bowl selections only reinforce the irrelevancy of this team beyond the metro Charlotte area.

#38 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

You're kidding, right? Isn't the Pro-Bowl held before the SB?

A little humility can be a good thing. It makes you work harder. Its not so much playing in the game as much as thinking you have already arrived.

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

None of our players deserved to go.

#40 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

But really, the Pro Bowl has caused some serious injuries in the past. (Wasn't it Drew Breeze who got hurt and it was partly responsible for him not getting his contract renewed with the Bolts? Of Course the Saints were happy at the way it turned out.) Other players have sustained career ending injuries in the Pro Bowl.

The reason the NFL moved it to Hawaii and pays for the players and families to go there for a week, was to try and keep players from opting out.

Brees was injured in a Week 17 game against Denver when SD had nothing to play for, having been eliminated from the playoffs the week before.

#41 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Other players have sustained career ending injuries in the Pro Bowl.

who?

#42 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

A little humility can be a good thing. It makes you work harder. Its not so much playing in the game as much as thinking you have already arrived.

What does "humility" have to do with Cam being in the Probowl and the team not playing well the first half of the season? Please clue me in.

Amazing how much the words "humility" and "humble" gets throw around when it comes to Cam as if there is this desparate need to control him. Please don't tell me that some still fear men like Cam because of their outward confidence. I hope the phrases "he needs to be more humble" and "a little humility can be a good thing" isn't replacing the phrases "we need to teach" and "he hasn't learnt his lession" because we all know what those phrases meant. Especially when Cam isn't doing anything out of the ordinary to warrant such concerns.

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

None of our players deserved to go.

Not true.

At least one DE deserves it. That's it though

#44 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Kuechly has better stats than Willis and Bowman but somehow didn't make it. I thought each team had to have someone in the pro bowl

#45 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm pretty sure a Top Cat still gets to go. So we have that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com