Photo
- - - - -

Lombardi think Rivera will be gone Monday.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#31 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Another thing I think about is true the Skins and Seahawks finally seemed to have got things right with both teams having winning records in the 3rd year of Carroll and Shanahan, but then I think they had no QB their first two years while we are in our 2nd season of having a franchise QB and still have a losing record. Thats another reason that makes me think Ron probably should go

#32 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I didn't say he should be a coaching candidate,I was just using him as a example as a coach.

I would be ok if we kept Rivera just not as our Head Coach,like I said he is not a leader of man.He is too quiet and doesn't command respect from the players like the other good coaches in the NFL.People forget how bad he was early in the season and now that we won a couple of games to end the season people thinking he deserves another shot.

You don't fire a head coach then retain him on the next staff. That would just be a recipe for disaster.

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,380 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Lombardi said back when Hurney was fired that it was because he was too hesitant to "make changes" (implying JR wanted to fire Rivera back then).

#34 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I miss Hurney

#35 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Another thing I think about is true the Skins and Seahawks finally seemed to have got things right with both teams having winning records in the 3rd year of Carroll and Shanahan, but then I think they had no QB their first two years while we are in our 2nd season of having a franchise QB and still have a losing record. Thats another reason that makes me think Ron probably should go

I've seen this sort of comparison all too much around here. Just because other coaches got it right in their 3rd year without a QB doesn't mean anything in regard to how our 2nd year coach and 2nd year QB can't get over the hump.

There's no pre-determined formula in deciding the fate of a coach. Each and every circumstance is different and each coach takes a different path throughout the year.

Everything is riding on the Saints game. We've been playing a semi-easy schedule the last couple of games but there has been progression on both sides of the ball. Rivera has made some real boneheaded mistakes this year but also has progressed as a coach.

I think it's simple. If Rivera wins against the Saints, he stays one more year to fulfill the rest of his contract. If he loses, he stands the chance of losing the job. Another 6-10 year is not indicative of an upward trend.

#36 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Lombardi said back when Hurney was fired that it was because he was too hesitant to "make changes" (implying JR wanted to fire Rivera back then).

I actually remember this. It better to move fast so we can get our GM interviews in and then can get their coaches list together.

#37 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

We've won 12 games combined in the last two years. Does anyone want to look back and figure out how many of those wins came after we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

#38 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Marty Schottenheimer, if we fire someone we gotta get Marty. Marty ball will make us a winner.
I want someone with experience who isn't burned out. You guys know that Aj Smith hosed him. San Diego wouldve been champs by now.

#39 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I actually remember this. It better to move fast so we can get our GM interviews in and then can get their coaches list together.

I wouldn't be shocked if the new GM decision has already been sorted out behind the scenes with a wink/nod agreement in place.

#40 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

We've won 12 games combined in the last two years. Does anyone want to look back and figure out how many of those wins came after we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

9 of the 12 wins came from games played after eliminated from the post season.

#41 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

You just have to ask yourself.
Reach for greatness or settle for mediocre.
One would assume Richardson has seen enough mediocre.

#42 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

9 of the 12 wins came from games played after eliminated from the post season.

Wow, that's even worse than I thought.

Ron Rivera has 3 meaningful wins in 31 games yet some are crying that firing him would be a huge mistake. LOL

#43 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

I wouldn't be shocked if the new GM decision has already been sorted out behind the scenes with a wink/nod agreement in place.

My thinking exactly. I think JR, Accorsi, Ross and Chip Kelly have "run into each other" during breakfast at a Bojangles and JR was like "Oh hey Mr Ross, how are things going?" "Ross is like, very good Mr Richardson, you know something, I bet anything if you do Chip Kelly + Cam Newton that would = instant success."

Then Chip Kelly says "Guys, im right behind you, I can hear what you guys are saying." Seriously though. I think JR/Ross/Chip Kelly already have a handshake agreement behind the scenes. JR will fire Rivera, hire Kelly knowing Ross is already on board hiring Kelly.

#44 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Wow, that's even worse than I thought.

Ron Rivera has 3 meaningful wins in 31 games yet some are crying that firing him would be a huge mistake. LOL

I have to be honest, I didnt even realize it was that bad until you brought it up and I looked up on Wiki just now. That is quite staggering.

#45 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

So its only 3 meaningful wins out of 31 games since he has been here?! And i was just about to put myself on the 1 more year bandwagon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.