Photo
- - - - -

Lombardi think Rivera will be gone Monday.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#46 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,921 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, in both 2011 and 2012 after 11 weeks of the season the Panthers only had 2 wins.

2011 those wins against Jacksonville and Washington.

2012 against NO and Washington again.

#47 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Rivera needs to go. But I think a win Sunday could save him bc we seem to always choose the hard road

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,817 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

wow I forgot that this season is already ending.
cant wait to see what surprises us after this Sunday

#49 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

It cannot be understated just how piss poor Rivera is at clock management. He should be fired for that reason alone.

#50 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Man you know, I go back and forth in my mind on Rivera staying or getting canned, should he? Shouldnt he? And while I do end up making my mind, just hours later I doubt my opinion. What is your guys honest opinion? Do you think this 3 game win streak is the real deal or just another headfake like last year?

I go all the way back to the first game against the Bucs and just how ill prepared and sloppy we looked, then hearing Rivera's press conference after the game saying,"there is always next week" and things like that just really make me think if he is deserving of another year.

Posted Image

#51 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

there is no way Rivera will be fired. I am 100% certain on that. If he is, it's the most foolish thing to happen in the history of the Carolina Panthers

Care to elaborate?

#52 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

has lombardi been right about his predictions with the panthers organization?

#53 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

No gm is going to keep Ron around because they already see a track record whether they would have before now or not. The only way Rivera is staying is if the guy next line who is already in place will retain Rivera. Even then, it is still a slim chance Rivera will be around.

#54 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Riveras fate was sealed long ago. Lombardi is correct

#55 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

there is no way Rivera will be fired. I am 100% certain on that. If he is, it's the most foolish thing to happen in the history of the Carolina Panthers

If its 100% then why put an if? There's a great chance he'll be gone Monday and youre fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

#56 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,473 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

has lombardi been right about his predictions with the panthers organization?

I don't know about Panthers specific, but he has a very good track record. He called Pioli to the Chiefs, Tony Gonzalez to the Falcons, Favre to the Jets. He's a former (and future) NFL exec, so he absolutely has good sources.

The tricky thing is knowing whether he's using sources or giving his opinion here.

#57 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

If its 100% then why put an if? There's a great chance he'll be gone Monday and youre fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

He's staying and you know it ;)

#58 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Do you know how much we paid Delhomme after that performance against the Cardinals?

Do you know how much our RBs are getting paid?

Shush.

#59 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

I don't know about Panthers specific, but he has a very good track record. He called Pioli to the Chiefs, Tony Gonzalez to the Falcons, Favre to the Jets. He's a former (and future) NFL exec, so he absolutely has good sources.

The tricky thing is knowing whether he's using sources or giving his opinion here.

According to Person, he cited no sources and this is merely a hunch.

#60 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

The game Sunday will have absolutely nothing to do with what happens to Rivera. The decision has already been made by J.R. at this point, whatever it is.

I'm honestly not sure what will happen. It's 50/50. Personally, I think we should bring in someone else that the new GM hand-picks so that we can have a team that's 100% the vision of the new GM and coach rather than keeping parts of the old regime.

That said, I wouldn't be that upset if Rivera stays either. I just don't think he's the answer long-term. It's one thing to win meaningless games late in the year, but this team under him has shown no ability to handle pressure and to put games away when it matters most. I can't bring myself to believe that will change with another year.

The question J.R. has to ask himself is whether or not Rivera is the long-term answer for this franchise. It can't be just a matter of has he bought himself another year, but has he convinced J.R. that he can take this team all the way some day. I don't believe that he can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.