Photo
- - - - -

Lombardi think Rivera will be gone Monday.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#85 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Keeping Rivera and some of the staff might give the GM even more power in the long run. If he keeps Rivera and it works out, he looks like a genius. If he keeps him and it doesn't work out, he says "Well they were 'trending up' in 2012, now I need to bring in my own guy". If he fires Rivera...and the new coach doesn't pan out...everyone is wondering "Well what if he kept Rivera?"

Whatever the decision is, it looks like keeping Rivera is the safer one of the two for a new GM.

That's not giving him power. Keeping Rivera is not that much of a safe decision either. What's safe is the new GM brings in his own guy. Fits the personnel to the scheme of his own HC. Not draft or add free agents for Rivera and he ends up having to fire Rivera then we have just wasted time and another season. It's only right for JR to allow his new GM to pick his own people. A lot of us have seen enough of Rivera for the past two season to pretty much determine we will be mediocre at best with him. Last year we are 2-8 in till the month of December. This year we are 3-7 in till the month of December. What does that tell you about him and our team?

#86 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Cowher=Leader
Rivera=Follower

Understand now?

nope....because i fail to see how cowher fits in this discussion at all. did someone mention him?

#87 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

rayzor be duckin..ain't wit da trillest of the trill.

#88 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

rayzor be duckin..ain't wit da trillest of the trill.

Posted Image

#89 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

haha me either

#90 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

That's not giving him power. Keeping Rivera is not that much of a safe decision either. What's safe is the new GM brings in his own guy. Fits the personnel to the scheme of his own HC. Not draft or add free agents for Rivera and he ends up having to fire Rivera then we have just wasted time and another season. It's only right for JR to allow his new GM to pick his own people. A lot of us have seen enough of Rivera for the past two season to pretty much determine we will be mediocre at best with him. Last year we are 2-8 in till the month of December. This year we are 3-7 in till the month of December. What does that tell you about him and our team?

I'm pro firing Rivera...I think 2013 will be another mirror image of 2011 and 2012 if he stays. But, if I'm the new GM, I think it might be wise to keep him another year...essentially it's a win-win. He succeeds, you look like a genius. He doesn't, you say you need to bring in your own guy and you kept him because he was trending up.

But if I was the GM, I'd want to bring in my own coach so that's what I expect will happen.

#91 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Because Hurney had been screwing up the roster and contracts for years.

Be he also hired Rivera too, keeping Rivera would mean not giving the new GM a clean slate.

#92 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I think if he'd gone 8-8 and won any one of those close games that we lost jaw-dropping at the last second he'd be here in 2013, especially with defensive improvements.

I'd be shocked if he was here Monday.

I actually think that he could have gone 7-9 or 8-8 IF we had been a playoff contender all season. His fate was sealed when we started the season 2-8 and chances at the playoffs were over. If we had been 5-5 at that point in the season and we had finished the year 3-3 to go 8-8 then I think he's back in 2013. But you can't be safe as a head coach where your season is basically over after 10 games.

#93 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Lombardi also was really vocal about how bad Kevin Kolb will be and said teams should Not trade for him and give the huge deal expected to keep him.

Maybe he is the next GM?! Dark Horse!

#94 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Another thing to consider is it did seem to take a firing of a GM to get things right, that questions if Rivera has a true desire to win and not just for his job

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lombardi also was really vocal about how bad Kevin Kolb will be and said teams should Not trade for him and give the huge deal expected to keep him.

Maybe he is the next GM?! Dark Horse!

He's rumored for the Browns.

#96 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

RIvera has some good qualities. This team is still playing hard--that is huge. However, his game management sucks and I am not sure that he is the best coach for Cam. I think Cam needs to have his attitude adjusted, but I see nobody on this staff willing to do it. Since QB is the most common denominator for winning in the NFL, more common that coaches, we need to get a coach who knows how to handle prima donnas.

For example: I do not care who started it or how bad the call was, Cam needs to know that his head must always be in the game. During the last game, we underperformed. Cam kicked another player, bumped a ref, and blew off his position coach on the sideline. If I were the coach, Derek Anderson would have finished the game. Period. End of story. Especially considering the fact that the game was meaningless. Especially if I knew Richardson was watching me.
Defend Cam all you want. I saw the game and think for myself. The leader of the team rises above that crap.