Photo
- - - - -

Lombardi think Rivera will be gone Monday.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Why would he be fired straight away, Since the firing of hurney RR has turned the team round. If JR had already decided that RR was going, and that his production since hurney being fired didn't matter...then why did he not fire him at the same time... Surely if JR had no interest in retaining him then wouldnt it have more sense to find out what we had in our assistants?

Not saying its not going to happen, but it's quite illogical...

The collapses against the Bears and Bucs, destruction by the Broncos, and the embarrassing showing against the Chiefs all happened after Hurney was fired. RR didn't turn anything around, he's ending the season on a string of meaningless victories just like last year.

#122 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

This.

He will be fired on Monday. The giants will be
Out of the playoffs and marc Ross will be hired by next weekend. Ross and company will start interviewing head coaches and a new coach will be brought in by January 15th.

McCoy or Kelly

#123 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ill defend cam till the cows come home but shut up please. Accusing someone of racism because he doesn't like that the qb was costing us the game with stupid emotional on field tantrums.

I get it, it's Cam's fault that the defendant was intentionally trying to hurt him, which then caused him to have to protect himself by kicking the guy away from him, which then cause the Ref to jump in and ignore what the defendent did, which then cause Cam to be upset and question the Ref, which then caused him to get a flag, which then cause Smitty and Gross to have to come to his aid. Cam should have just let the guy break his leg for the sake of the team.

Yeah, and endless praises go out to Smitty and Gross for jumping in to protect Cam, butt shame on Cam. He shouldn't have been so "me first." Now that "almost cost the team the game," and him showing "stupid emotional on field tantrums" has never been done before by any other QBs and just isn't a sign of real "leadership." SMDH...Yeah, one can see where this is going.

It now seems cool to blatantly sterotype certain players into the typical boxes created for them thanks to racism but just don't call it what it is. NOPE

To bad Rob Parker didn't get that Memo. You can racially stereotype a player all you want but just don't call him racially stereotypical names.

#124 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

The Ron Rivera being fired rumor seems to be gaining steam
http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000117712/ Adam Schien now saying Rivera and Munchak gone

#125 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Even Adam Schein thinks that Rivera will be gone by Black Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/n...on-black-monday

#126 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000117712/ Adam Schien now saying Rivera and Munchak gone

u got me beat 1 min.
i took too long to post it up lol

#127 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Our media...Love living in their own bubble. Every year at the end of a season, it's the same thing. So many number of coaches have to lose their jobs.

I wonder when "Black Monday" will hit for some of those folks in the media?

#128 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I get it, it's Cam's fault that the defendant was intentionally trying to hurt him, which then caused him to have to protect himself by kicking the guy away from him, which then cause the Ref to jump in and ignore what the defendent did, which then cause Cam to be upset and question the Ref, which then caused him to get a flag, which then cause Smitty and Gross to have to come to his aid. Cam should have just let the guy break his leg for the sake of the team.

Yeah, and endless praises go out to Smitty and Gross for jumping in to protect Cam, butt shame on Cam. He shouldn't have been so "me first." Now that "almost cost the team the game," and

First, grow up. Second, a different standard applies to qbs. It just does.

Smitty isn't a qb.

You should not blindly defend someone. Should cam not have kicked someone? Well duh no. That hurts the team. Should he have yelled at the ref? Duh no

Also, this is not about your or my opinion on Cam. It is about you accusing fellow forum members who you do not know personally of racial tendencies over damn quarterback play. Seriously have some class.

#129 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Even Adam Schein thinks that Rivera will be gone by Black Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/n...on-black-monday

You guys are quoting Adam Schein? :lol:

Forgot this recent piece already, did we?

http://www.carolinah...oge-in-the-nfl/

For what it's worth, Schein's article is about his predictions (read: guesses) not rumors.

#130 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

You guys are quoting Adam Schein? :lol:

Forgot this recent piece already, did we?

http://www.carolinah...oge-in-the-nfl/

For what it's worth, Schein's article is about his predictions (read: guesses) not rumors.

We know about his predictions but a lot of people are starting to say that he may very well be done. When there is smoke there is fire. If this is a rumor or not it's gaining a lot of steam.

#131 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

this is the second post you've made charging racism towards someone criticizing Cam.

I think you need to move on.

You know what they say about a guilty man. Don't show him his guilt. He will only throw it back at you and call you the trouble maker.

#132 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

The reason I believe Lombardi?

Michael L. has been seeking another GM gig. He may have been someone Accorsi talked to as he did his due diligence. That may be why he is "certain" Rivera will be gone. Not that I think we are hiring Lombardi...but he may be familiar with the job parameters through exploratory discussions with Ernie.

#133 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

The reason I believe Lombardi?

Michael L. has been seeking another GM gig. He may have been someone Accorsi talked to as he did his due diligence. That may be why he is "certain" Rivera will be gone. Not that I think we are hiring Lombardi...but he may be familiar with the job parameters through exploratory discussions with Ernie.

Hmm good point. Another thing that makes me think he is right is several days ago Rivera was only mentioned casually by analysts as a HC that could be fired, the fact Lombardi just recently lumped Rivera together with Andy Reid and Norv Turner, which are two coaches that even non NFL fans know are gone, is also telling.

#134 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

We know about his predictions but a lot of people are starting to say that he may very well be done. When there is smoke there is fire. If this is a rumor or not it's gaining a lot of steam.

Exactly. The fact that Lombardi said it, the fact that we are mentioned on a regular basis of being intrested in Kelly and the fact not a single soul has come forward inside the Panthers organazation to deny these statements is also telling. Jerry Jones recently said Jason Garrett WILL be back next year, if Rivera's return was as sure as some think, why hasnt JR just come out already and stay he is returning?

To me, i think JR's definition of "trending upward" was pretty much him meaning 9-7 or your gone, not win 3 meaningless games against lackluster teams and finish 6-10 or 7-9

#135 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Exactly. The fact that Lombardi said it, the fact that we are mentioned on a regular basis of being intrested in Kelly and the fact not a single soul has come forward inside the Panthers organazation to deny these statements is also telling. Jerry Jones recently said Jason Garrett WILL be back next year, if Rivera's return was as sure as some think, why hasnt JR just come out already and stay he is returning?

That in itself doesn't mean anything. JR never says anything to the press until there is no other choice.

One or two appearances or interviews a year is about his limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com