24 replies to this topic

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

catfang and philly are both right... if she's the one for you, marriage can be awesome. I sincerely hope that is the case. Congratulations.

Panthro has good advice... he got married recently so listen to him.... otherwise, just do whatever she wants, but don't make it seem like you're not interested in making decisions. Even if you don't give a flying monkey poop what color the napkins are, pretend like you do and make a choice... then be ok with it when she says differently. :)

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. I'll definitely put it to use.

#13 Guest_Irv_*

Guest_Irv_*
Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Don't forget

Posted Image

#14 boo7382

boo7382

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Congrats! I know a lot of people who have gotten engaged recently also.

So exciting

#15 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Before all the gender reassigment surgeries, eh?

#16 Crixtala

Crixtala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

just remember that, in most cases, this is the day that your woman has been dreaming/planning since she knew what a wedding was...

My wedding is in 4 months. Let your woman plan the whole thing and always help when she asks. My responsibility was to plan our honeymoon but I did booked venue, dj, photographer, and limo. The first thing you need to do is to set your budget and attend wedding expos. Remember, wedding is mostly for the wifey to be... Also, do not go crazy... wedding lasts only 4-6 hours. Not worth spending all your life savings on it.

this (plus what panthro said)

went to a wedding this summer for a cousin, who's now in-laws took out a second mortgage on their house to pay for the wedding... which was so completely over the top and retarded that nobody really had any fun (nobody really likes the wife tho, so that didn't help)

all of our family constantly reminds us that our wedding was amazing - we had about 50 people, didn't do most of the traditional stuff and just made sure we had really good food and REALLY good music. a band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DJ

#17 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

^Nice! Music is going to be a big part of our wedding. I play music and a lot of my friends do and most of her family are musicians, so the music is going to be a huge part of it. I am gonna be in charge of finding a band, so if you got any suggestions I'm all...ears.

#18 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

When me and the girl get married we are doing a destination wedding, and a huge party when we get back from the honeymoon for everyone who couldn't come.

Little stress as possible.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

My wedding is in 4 months. Let your woman plan the whole thing and always help when she asks. My responsibility was to plan our honeymoon but I did booked venue, dj, photographer, and limo. The first thing you need to do is to set your budget and attend wedding expos. Remember, wedding is mostly for the wifey to be... Also, do not go crazy... wedding lasts only 4-6 hours. Not worth spending all your life savings on it.

Like Arsen said above....set your budget. And stick to it.

It is VERY easy for the costs to get way out of control. A few hundered here and a few thousand there catches up to you real quick.

And....congrats. Being married to the right woman is a fantastic thing.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just heads up. There's is a huge wedding expo in downtown Charlotte on January 13th 2013 at 12pm. Hundreds of different vendors (venues, wedding cakes, limo's, dj's, live bands, florists, photgraphers and etc...). Tickets $12 per person. I would highly recommend to attend this one. Next wedding expo similar to this one will be all the way in July...

http://www.carolinaw...sandevents.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users