Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's Contract

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree but I do think Cam should be the secured as the highest paid player on the team, which in turn will bring in quality free agents at a discount because they want to be a part of a winner with an electric young QB.

I think Cam will get a record contract, which will be broken when the Redskins and Colts give their guys even bigger one's. It's the nature of the beast.

Posted

I agree but I do think Cam should be the highest paid player on the team, which will bring in quality free agents at a discount because they want to be a part of a winner with an electric young QB.

I think Cam will get a record contract, which will be broken when the Redskins and Colts give their guys even bigger one's. It's the nature of the beast.

this is not going to happen.

Cam may very well be the reason that a player decides to come to Carolina but....

your not going to be getting "hometown" or "Cam" discounts.

Posted

Cam is locked up for 4 more years in Carolina one way or the other, for contract numbers purposes if he continues to improve the sooner we lock him up long term the better. Because with the better he plays the more he's gonna cost. If he wins a playoff game with a pro bowl season we are talking a minimum of a 6 year $100m contract.

Posted

this is not going to happen.

Cam may very well be the reason that a player decides to come to Carolina but....

your not going to be getting "hometown" or "Cam" discounts.

Pretty sure we got Tolbert for $1 mill less than what San Diego offerred because of a home town discount.

And you can't tell me a veteran player will not take less money if he has the chance to win a Super Bowl right away.

Posted

Pretty sure we got Tolbert for $1 mill less than what San Diego offerred because of a home town discount.

And you can't tell me a veteran player will not take less money if he has the chance to win a Super Bowl right away.

Players will sign for less to play with Brady and Manning hoping to win a ring. I love Cam, but neither he nor the Panthers have proven a damn thing as far as swaying other players to come here in hopes of getting a ring.

Not to mention, it's typically older, past their prime players that go searching for rings, younger guys want that money. Especially with the new CBA. The NFL has a 3.5 year average career, yet rookies can't get paid until their fourth year. So that second contract for all these guys is going to be their nestegg contract, they will want to get paid. Fwiw I'm sure the huge cap hits that come from Beason, Gamble, Smitty and Gross amongst others will probably be gone by the time Cam needs to get paid. I can't say for sure, but most likely.

Posted

Yes, Tolbert chose to play in Carolina because his wife pushed him to do so and they had ties to the community. He also had a relationship with the coaches and was playing as far away from family as possible. He didn't come here to play with Cam. He is the .01%.

The other 99.9% are not giving a discount to play with Cam.

Posted

no telling how much we're gonna pay him

Posted

Players will sign for less to play with Brady and Manning hoping to win a ring. I love Cam, but neither he nor the Panthers have proven a damn thing as far as swaying other players to come here in hopes of getting a ring.

Not to mention, it's typically older, past their prime players that go searching for rings, younger guys want that money. Especially with the new CBA. The NFL has a 3.5 year average career, yet rookies can't get paid until their fourth year. So that second contract for all these guys is going to be their nestegg contract, they will want to get paid. Fwiw I'm sure the huge cap hits that come from Beason, Gamble, Smitty and Gross amongst others will probably be gone by the time Cam needs to get paid. I can't say for sure, but most likely.

Exactly. I am talking way down the road when we are a perineal playoff team.

Posted

No matter how much it pains some in our fanbase, he is going to get a fat fairly ridiculous contract. All of this is irrelevant though if we don't get the proper head coach in place to develop Cam.

No I don't think Rivera is or ever will be that guy, and damn sure Chud isn't.

Posted

I have no doubt that he'll be the highest paid player in NFL history on his next contract, either here in Carolina or somewhere else. He's going to get a stupid amount of money. 5-6 years averaging about 23-25 million a season. lol...

Posted

Too soon for this thread...pretty bad homers posting stupid poo...

Cam hasn't shown anything more than potential at this point. Once he has a playoff appearance under his belt, some solid 4th quarter comebacks, ability to win even when he turns over the ball...then a new contract will be discussed. Until then there is no guarantee he'll even be in Carolina beyond his rookie deal.

Posted

Too soon for this thread...pretty bad homers posting stupid poo...

Cam hasn't shown anything more than potential at this point. Once he has a playoff appearance under his belt, some solid 4th quarter comebacks, ability to win even when he turns over the ball...then a new contract will be discussed. Until then there is no guarantee he'll even be in Carolina beyond his rookie deal.

Right. Cam hasn't shown anything except for that time he had arguably the best rookie season by a NFL player ever.