Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Monday primer

26 posts in this topic

Posted

JR has given full control to Coaches before, Dom Capers had Full Control of Carolina in his last two seasons, As well as Seifert when he was in Carolina. Only after both of those disasters did JR hire a GM again. So he's given up the full control before and it didn't really work out in either case. So i'd believe he'd be a bit hesitant to go that route again, but maybe he thinks it's time to shake things up....

Posted

A darkhorse candidate to think about (Depends if Ross is hired as GM) might be OC Mike Sullivan of the Bucs. Reason is that he is well liked by players and his offense could fit Cam's style. On top of that, he is a QB guru and helped developed Eli. The most intriguing part is his connection with Marc Ross as Sullivan was a part of the Giants staff through most of Coughlin's tenue.

I am also intrigued by Gus Bradley, DC of the Seahawks. Monte Kiffin has been very high on this guy and has even gone so far to say that he is a future HC. I could see him being a combo of Cowher/Gruden lite vocally.

I guess it will be a wait and see matter.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ernie Accorsi would never get behing giving a coach full personnel control.

He doesn't really have to get behind it, he's just a consultant for JR. JR doesn't have to listen to him or go off of his suggestion (Even though I think he does and the Panther's will end up Hiring Ross).

Posted

He doesn't really have to get behind it, he's just a consultant for JR. JR doesn't have to listen to him or go off of his suggestion (Even though I think he does and the Panther's will end up Hiring Ross).

If Richardson doesn't listen to him after hiring him specifically for this very thing, he's an idiot.

Posted

Didn't Rivera get full personnel control after the Hurney firing?

Posted

Didn't Rivera get full personnel control after the Hurney firing?

Basically in a nut shell he does, I think Beane is just there to help spread the load a bit for Rivera. He marks the Third Head coach in Carolina's history that has had Full control at some point or another.

Posted

http://t.co/DLQMl08K

The more I think the more I start to feel that Sunday game is going to be big. I think that it's a legitimate shot that Rivera could be fired Monday morning.

got a feeling that Ron will get one more year.... even if we lose in NO on Sunday

Posted

got a feeling that Ron will get one more year.... even if we lose in NO on Sunday

He's gone either way.

Posted

That ain't happnin'.

A college coach wanting full control? Seriously?

I agree totally. Doesn't seem like Kelly is coming here now.

Posted

I'd give up a lot to have a Kelly cam combo. I still want

Posted

I dont know. We all said he would never fire Hurney, I get a feeling JR is willing to go way outside the box this off season and shake things up

How bout starting with signing a halfway known free agent...

Posted

How bout starting with signing a halfway known free agent...

But but Haruki sat behind Ed Reed on the depth chart! Hows that for a high profile FA signing!