Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Do not want Chip Kelly after this rumor....

128 posts in this topic

I think the risk is pretty much the same with Kelly as it would be in taking a coordinator from another team. It's all about the structure the coach puts around himself with his coordinators and so forth.

1 person likes this

Our future brain trust...

Pinky_%26_The_Brain.jpg

Kelly and Beane

that might actually be fitting. hopefully with a better success rate.

I think the risk is pretty much the same with Kelly as it would be in taking a coordinator from another team. It's all about the structure the coach puts around himself with his coordinators and so forth.

abso-frikkin-lutely.

I nominate rayzor as new GM

lol you reeeeeaaaalllllyyy don't want that. i know it sounds like a brilliant idea and all because i seem so wicked smart, but really i'm just talking out of my ass.

For those who keep bringing up NE when talking on Kelly, if I could visualize Cam running the offense like Brady, I would say bring Kelly in yesterday. (Imagine a mobile Tom Brady) Yet I know what Kelly's offense will look like here. The same offense I've seen him run at Oregon. I envision Cam looking more like Darren Thomas/Marcus Mariota than Tom Brady.

Now I also keep hearing that Chip is going to adjust his offense to fit a more pro form, yet I wonder, has there been any presidence for this kind of transition before? Did another college coach in the past who ran something akin to the read option offense, make a successful transition to the pros?

For those who keep bringing up NE when talking on Kelly, if I could visualize Cam running the offense like Brady, I would say bring Kelly in yesterday. (Imagine a mobile Tom Brady) Yet I know what Kelly's offense will look like here. The same offense I've seen him run at Oregon. I envision Cam looking more like Darren Thomas/Marcus Mariota than Tom Brady.

Now I also keep hearing that Chip is going to adjust his offense to fit a more pro form, yet I wonder, has there been any presidence for this kind of transition before? Did another college coach in the past who ran something akin to the read option offense, make a successful transition to the pros?

You hear that he will change his offense is because he keeps saying that he would in the NFL that an offense is dictated by personal and that a good coach adapts his system to his players.

As for the college spread offense coach to the NFL, I can't think of any that were successful at it. Doesn't mean it can't be done though with how much the NFL has changed over the last 10 years or so.

the anti chip talk reminds me a lot of the anti cam talk.

It does doesn't it.

You hear that he will change his offense is because he keeps saying that he would in the NFL that an offense is dictated by personal and that a good coach adapts his system to his players.

As for the college spread offense coach to the NFL, I can't think of any that were successful at it. Doesn't mean it can't be done though with how much the NFL has changed over the last 10 years or so.

There's no question concerning personel here. He's going to come in and see Cam as a mobile QB with a big arm, and thus he will run what he ran at Oregon. I would only see big adjustments to his offense, if we had a QB more like Derek Anderson. Yet there's no question what he will do with Cam at QB.

My thing is Cam is still developing, and if you ask me he is developing pretty much on his own. I want a coach who knows how the position of QB should be played in this league. Anything that would revert him back to the college days, is abhorrent in my eyes. That's why I was so adamant about our offense this season, how he was the leading rusher for this team. So far, all I've seen Kelly run is the read option spread. That's it, that's all I have to go on. All this other stuff about making adjustments to the pros is just talk. I want to see Cam grow as a QB and become grounded. A guy like a Bruce Arians, who worked with Peyton Manning/Ben Roethlisberger and help develop Andrew Luck, would be an ideal candidate for head coach. Someone to ground Newton, and tell him not to get the big head.

Chip Kelly is an upstart, and could be prideful. I don't think he would be a great mentor for Cam at this point.

There's no question concerning personel here. He's going to come in and see Cam as a mobile QB with a big arm, and thus he will run what he ran at Oregon. I would only see big adjustments to his offense, if we had a QB more like Derek Anderson. Yet there's no question what he will do with Cam at QB.

My thing is Cam is still developing, and if you ask me he is developing pretty much on his own. I want a coach who knows how the position of QB should be played in this league. Anything that would revert him back to the college days, is abhorrent in my eyes. That's why I was so adamant about our offense this season, how he was the leading rusher for this team. So far, all I've seen Kelly run is the read option spread. That's it, that's all I have to go on. All this other stuff about making adjustments to the pros is just talk. I want to see Cam grow as a QB and become grounded. A guy like a Bruce Arians, who worked with Peyton Manning/Ben Roethlisberger and help develop Andrew Luck, would be an ideal candidate for head coach. Someone to ground Newton, and tell him not to get the big head.

Chip Kelly is an upstart, and could be prideful. I don't think he would be a great mentor for Cam at this point.

I can see where your coming from, but a lot of teams run spread offenses in the NFL. Some incorporate the QB into the rushing attack and others don't. Bringing in Kelly wouldn't necessarily be a detriment to Newton. It would also have a lot to do with who Kelly brought in as his OC and QB coach. Those two would have much more of an effect on Newton then Kelly. I also don't think it would be a definite that Kelly would run a pure spread in Carolina as he might not. I don't think you'd see cam stop running the ball though.

Newton is a QB who can run really well, it's asinine to take that away from him. Should he be the leading rusher, No he shouldn't. Newton can't help that both Stewart and Williams split carries almost down the middle each season. (If one got the majority of the carries, you wouldn't see Newton as the leading rusher) He would be the second leading rusher on the team. It's also crazy to take away the Newton goal line runs as well because of the extra dimension they add to the offense in the red zone.