Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The GM Candidates

223 posts in this topic

Posted

doing research on david caldwell wish he gets an interview as well.from the falcon tree,and started as a scouting assistant with the panthers.

Posted

LaCanfora states he's hearing "a strong buzz" regarding Dave Gettleman and the Panthers.

Also says the team was high on Steve Keim, but I've got a feeling that ship has sailed.

Keim might still be in play. Reid possibly going to AZ means potentially asking for Heckert as part of it.

Now, I don't know that Keim is so incredible that he has to be had.

Posted

Keim might still be in play. Reid possibly going to AZ means potentially asking for Heckert as part of it.

Now, I don't know that Keim is so incredible that he has to be had.

The Panthers really have to move quick in this situation especially if they hire somebody like Marc Ross. Ross has experience with Tom Heckert from his days with the Eagles, and if Ross gets any GM job which right now i'm assuming the Panthers he may want to bring Heckert in as Pro Personnel Director.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we should know very soon who the next GM will be for the Panthers.

Posted

It was said before that JR was not a "huge" fan of the RR pick in the first place. It makes me wonder if the GM pick does not come down to "Who is on your radar for the next Panthers HC?" It also could be that JR had a name he liked last time that never got chosen.

Does anyone remember any of those names floating around from 2 years ago that might have ties to the GM names we are looking at this year?

Posted

It was said before that JR was not a "huge" fan of the RR pick in the first place. It makes me wonder if the GM pick does not come down to "Who is on your radar for the next Panthers HC?" It also could be that JR had a name he liked last time that never got chosen.

Does anyone remember any of those names floating around from 2 years ago that might have ties to the GM names we are looking at this year?

None of those guys are really around. If it's Marc Ross a couple guys you might expect to gain some interest is Mike Sullivan Tampa Bay OC, Mike Zimmer Bengals DC, Bill O'Brien HC Penn State and maybe Greg Roman 49ers OC.

I know a lot of teams are making moves but there are some good guys out there that can be really good HC.

Posted

For some reason (even though I do not think he would be a good fit) I remember hearing Perry Fewell's name from the NY Giants. Not sure if that was a Hurney thing or JR?

Posted

The Panthers really have to move quick in this situation especially if they hire somebody like Marc Ross. Ross has experience with Tom Heckert from his days with the Eagles, and if Ross gets any GM job which right now i'm assuming the Panthers he may want to bring Heckert in as Pro Personnel Director.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we should know very soon who the next GM will be for the Panthers.

definitely interesting, though Heckert's camp suggests he has 2 interviews going (and may or may not be in play for AZ).

Posted

Heckart isn't in play in Arizona, he's in play for some other GM spots but not in Arizona. That's coming from inside the Cardinals camp.

Posted

Reid/Heckert might emerge in KC. Doesn't sound like a possibility in Arizona though.

Posted

So if Joe Person is right, the Panthers will be checking out Lake Dawson as well.

I'll likely replace one of the existing placeholders with a profile of him, but probably not tonight.

Posted

A quick cursory look turns up only one direct Panthers connection, receiver coach Fred Graves.

He played for the Colts in 99, which would have put him under Polian.

Posted

A quick cursory look turns up only one direct Panthers connection, receiver coach Fred Graves.

He played for the Colts in 99, which would have put him under Polian.

From what I could find there might be another slightly less direct connection.

Looks like he went to the same high school in Washington as Bobcats GM Rich Cho (albeit 6 years apart) and both guys worked at pro franchises in Seattle during the early 2000s. Cho was with with the SuperSonics from the late 90s-2007. Dawson was with the Seahawks from 2001-2006.

Pure speculation, but odds are they know each other.

Edit: They didn't go to the same high school. Looks like they were a few miles away but in the same public school system.

http://www.federalwa.../138605489.html