Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The GM Candidates

223 posts in this topic

If Rivera is firing staff, we have to be close to a hire, right? Can you really sign assistant coaches without a GM to do the contract?

Any idea where Dator got hold of that rumor?

I wish

Person tweeted that both Ross and Jim Popp interviewed today

The Observer's GM profile article may actually provide a hint where the Brandon Beane stuff is coming from.

Person says this:

Full article here: A closer look at the 6 Carolina Panthers GM candidates

I wonder, could Ron Rivera be the one who wants the team to take a look at making Beane the permanent GM?

If this is true, then Rivera is truly a moron. I'm sorry, but if you want an unqualified guy to get the job just to help your own influence, then you definitely don't have the best interests of the organization in mind.

Any idea where Dator got hold of that rumor?

If it is like some of the other stuff I've seen from him, he probably pulled it from a location below the waist but above the knees, and positioned on the back side of the body.

Edit: And regarding James Dator, I think he's a really good writer and I enjoy his stuff, but from my experience, he has less football knowledge than you would expect from someone blogging about the Panthers.

for hiring ernie accorsi, we sure do have a ton of interviews set up compared to other teams. they seemed to set their sights on someone and go for it... is that a normal thing or... ?

If it is like some of the other stuff I've seen from him, he probably pulled it from a location below the waist but above the knees, and positioned on the back side of the body.

I'm not sure where you mean :unsure:

Photo of Popp from Person's story about the first interviews (link)

GnTan.Em.138.jpeg

Not that it means anything, but I look at that pic and think 70s televangelist :unsure:

Photo of Popp from Person's story about the first interviews (link)

GnTan.Em.138.jpeg

Not that it means anything, but I look at that pic and think 70s televangelist :unsure:

He would scare me if a full moon were coming.

Is there anyway that Popp is interviewing for something else? For example, is it possible that Gettleman is actually the leading candidate for the job, with Popp (who is apparently an unreal talent evaluator) possibly coming in to be the director of player personnel/heir apparent, while he trains to be a GM in the NFL?

Is there anyway that Popp is interviewing for something else? For example, is it possible that Gettleman is actually the leading candidate for the job, with popp (who is apparently an unreal talent evaluator) possibly coming in to be the director of player personnel/heir apparent, while he trains to be a GM in the NFL?

Just curious where did you read/hear that?

If Rivera is firing staff, we have to be close to a hire, right? Can you really sign assistant coaches without a GM to do the contract?

Better for the Assistants to be blown out early so they can hunt for jobs or pop a tent at the Senior Bowl.