Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The GM Candidates

223 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks for these great write up's Mr. Scot. They are amazing. I really feel the Panthers have about three legitimate guys that they are looking at which is Ross, Gamble, and Gettleman. We may find out very soon.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1356708557' post='2064520']
No, I didn't. He's not a legitimate candidate.

Yasinskas saying "you know what I think" doesn't merit him being included.

Now I'll grant that if I posted his resume' here next to that of these other guys, it would serve for some good comedy, but that's about it.
[/quote]

I found this article on him informative. Fun fact, he's been with the Panthers since 1998. I hope he's not hired as the GM full time like the rest of you because I think the team needs a new direction and some fresh ideas rooted in years of experience in the league...but given his track record he will definitely still be with the organization next year. Given a different set of circumstances if Hurney wasn't fired, he looked like the guy being groomed to be his successor. He's definitely going to be given a look...

[url="http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Beane-tackles-more-responsibilities/4e1c4865-a636-4d53-a592-1596a5c186c5"]http://www.panthers....92-1596a5c186c5[/url]

Posted · Report post

Please, please, please, give me the best talent evaluator out there.

We are going to need some serious help moving forward.

Posted · Report post

Why isn't Brandon Beane on this list?

He's the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1356710548' post='2064561']
Why isn't Brandon Beane on this list?

He's the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.
[/quote]

Because he's not even in the race.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zithers' timestamp='1356694260' post='2064438']
from albert breer... not rumored for us but mentioned as a candidate for the future in general

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000105903/article/future-gms-must-be-consensusbuilding-leaders-week-14-notes"]http://www.nfl.com/n...s-week-14-notes[/url]

[b]John Idzik, Seattle Seahawks vice president of football administration:[/b] Idzik is a sleeper to keep an eye on, because of his versatility. He's a business-side guy who runs the team's cap, but he also does some college scouting for Schneider and has a wealth of experience with franchise rebuilds, going back to Dungy's Bucs.
[/quote]

Gotcha. There are a couple of guys like that, but I'm only using guys right now who have actually been mentioned in association with the Panthers.

There may well be other candidates we don't know about, but until we do know, this is what we've got.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1356713688' post='2064619']

Because he's not even in the race.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to split hairs here but I'm shocked you don't think there is even a remote possibility that Beane could be the GM next year.

Yes, I know the Panthers hired a very good consultant to recommend a GM but that doesn't mean Mr. Richardson will listen to him. He's going to do what he wants to do and that could consist of hiring someone who will do what the Big Cat asks.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1356713832' post='2064627']
I'm not trying to split hairs here but I'm shocked you don't think there is even a remote possibility that Beane could be the GM next year.

Yes, I know the Panthers hired a very good consultant to recommend a GM but that doesn't mean Mr. Richardson will listen to him. He's going to do what he wants to do and that could consist of hiring someone who will do what the Big Cat asks.
[/quote]

If that were true, why would he have bothered to spend money on hiring Accorsi?

(he's not doing this for free)

Given that Richardson spent money on Accorsi, and more to the point, given that he has a lot of respect for Accorsi and the Giants organization in general, I'd be extremely surprised if he just blew off his recommendations.

Brandon Beane is not going to be the GM. When this is all finished, he'll go back to being a glorified administrative assistant. I doubt he even gets an interview.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1356709323' post='2064538']

If that happened, me wasting my time would be the[i] least[/i] of our troubles.

I have zero belief that this will happen though.
[/quote]

It would be so JR to promote the intern and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it happened

I say the odds are in favor... 65% chance of it happening

Posted · Report post

Great job. I like Ross and Gamble the most.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='broseidon' timestamp='1356715743' post='2064666']

It would be so JR to promote the intern and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it happened

[/quote]

I'd put the odds at zero (see above).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='broseidon' timestamp='1356715743' post='2064666']

[/quote]

The ONLY way I could see Beane keeping any sort of title beyond what he had before is if they blow out the coaching staff too and a coach ends up here who wants GM control too but Richardson wants someone to sit in the GM chair as a figurehead.

Beyond that weirdly specific, incredibly unlikely scenario the thought of Beane being anything significant here next year hasn't even crossed my mind really.