4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Because he's not even in the race.

I'm not trying to split hairs here but I'm shocked you don't think there is even a remote possibility that Beane could be the GM next year.

Yes, I know the Panthers hired a very good consultant to recommend a GM but that doesn't mean Mr. Richardson will listen to him. He's going to do what he wants to do and that could consist of hiring someone who will do what the Big Cat asks.

#32 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm not trying to split hairs here but I'm shocked you don't think there is even a remote possibility that Beane could be the GM next year.

Yes, I know the Panthers hired a very good consultant to recommend a GM but that doesn't mean Mr. Richardson will listen to him. He's going to do what he wants to do and that could consist of hiring someone who will do what the Big Cat asks.

If that were true, why would he have bothered to spend money on hiring Accorsi?

(he's not doing this for free)

Given that Richardson spent money on Accorsi, and more to the point, given that he has a lot of respect for Accorsi and the Giants organization in general, I'd be extremely surprised if he just blew off his recommendations.

Brandon Beane is not going to be the GM. When this is all finished, he'll go back to being a glorified administrative assistant. I doubt he even gets an interview.

#33 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

If that happened, me wasting my time would be the least of our troubles.

I have zero belief that this will happen though.

It would be so JR to promote the intern and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it happened

I say the odds are in favor... 65% chance of it happening

#34 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,646 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Great job. I like Ross and Gamble the most.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

It would be so JR to promote the intern and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it happened

I'd put the odds at zero (see above).

#36 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

The ONLY way I could see Beane keeping any sort of title beyond what he had before is if they blow out the coaching staff too and a coach ends up here who wants GM control too but Richardson wants someone to sit in the GM chair as a figurehead.

Beyond that weirdly specific, incredibly unlikely scenario the thought of Beane being anything significant here next year hasn't even crossed my mind really.

#37 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,490 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Mr TD here. Beanie is very much a legitate candidate. Just because he's not as good as the other candidates does not discount him. Just because JR hired a consultant to find someone does not discount him. You said at the very beginning that this was about candidates who have been mentioned, and he has certainly been mentioned. I don't think he is a good candidate, and I don't think he will get the job, but I also don't think for a second that he has a zero chance of staying in the role.

#38 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Clinkscales please

Imagine what a guy who has had some success putting talented people on the field recently could do in a "non-raiders" environment.

#39 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

My guess is on Ross or Gettleman

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Mr TD here. Beanie is very much a legitate candidate. Just because he's not as good as the other candidates does not discount him. Just because JR hired a consultant to find someone does not discount him. You said at the very beginning that this was about candidates who have been mentioned, and he has certainly been mentioned. I don't think he is a good candidate, and I don't think he will get the job, but I also don't think for a second that he has a zero chance of staying in the role.

He's been mentioned, by one guy, that guy being Pat Yasinskas. The same guy who declared that Mike McCoy was a dead solid lock for the Panthers OC spot right before it was handed to Jeff Davidson. Where did he hear that? From Mike McCoy's agent.

And regarding Beane, Yasinskas only mentioned it as "what he thinks". He had no source at all. Though if he does, true to form, it's probably Beane's agent.

The other guy at the national level who was asked about Beane was Adam Caplan, who completely discounted the idea. He cited discussions with league sources who said no one was taking Beane seriously as a candidate.

Beane does not have a shot.

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Quote from Ross' video interview that I found positive:

"We don't draft combine superstars."

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Clinkscales please

Imagine what a guy who has had some success putting talented people on the field recently could do in a "non-raiders" environment.

I'd be happy with it. Got a feeling he doesn't plan to leave the Raiders though.

(of course, he "didn't plan to leave" the Jets, either)

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Got the profiles for the guys I take most seriously done. Only ones left are McCloughan and Kokinis, neither of whom I take that seriously right now. McCloughan was mentioned earlier in the process but hasn't been mentioned since, and Kokinis may just be speculation.

Granted, anything is possible.

#44 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,695 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I like Joey Clinkscales because it makes us sound like the Sopranos.

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I like Joey Clinkscales because it makes us sound like the Sopranos.

Imagine if he hired Tony Sparano as an assistant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com