• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#106 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,974 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Ray Lewis is the perfect example of how the media creates whatever they want in players....

Best case scenario Lewis lied under oath about a murder.....yet he is pitched as THE ideal guy you would want on your team (that is collective package and not just on the field).

If you watched "A Football Life" about Ray Lewis and had absolutely no prior context about him, you would think he was on the verge of a Nobel Peace Prize and the absolute role model for children everywhere.

I admit to being a Ray Lewis fan, but I wasn't that aware of what type of person he was prior to the incident in ATL. I guess all you can say is, apparently, a person can redeem themselves after taking someone's life.

#107 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

If Ray Lewis wasn't a football player he'd be in jail right now.

#108 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

im in the atlanta area a lot, and just talking to the people down here and they love the guy.when will the carolina's embrace him?

When they graduate from Football 101

#109 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Can you got into more detail? Like what exactly your friends said about it? It's always been my feeling that of course he did do it but would like to hear your story.

he killed a guy and got rid of the suit he wore.

then everyone changed their testimony and he went to jail for obstruction.

#110 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Everyone thinks Cam is an asshole. And he is.

#111 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

So which one of your favorite teams did he beat?

#112 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Don't be surprised if this person changes his tune after he gets pressured to join the Cam hating club. It's clear those in the sports media don't take to kindly to folks calling them out. Especially when it comes to Cam. It seem when that happens, the media goes in even harder on Cam. Today's media is like the bully they call upon us not to be like.

#113 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Only men with small whines think Cam is an ass-hole because he stands taller than them.

Such male envy

#114 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

If Ray Lewis wasn't a football player he'd be in jail right now.

And what makes you believe such a thing?

#115 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Great post/info Fiz.

Good to hear about Cam and that's kind of what I expected of him, but the media doesn't want him to be that so they paint him in a totally different light.

Sad to hear about Ray Lewis if that source is credible. I always held out hope that he didn't do that himself and just covered it up for his associates, but they were never able to find his suit from that night, so... Crazy that he's so revered, by both fans and players, when you look at it in that scope.

The media knows that about Cam.Just like they know who the real prima Donna are. The media don't want folks to know the real Cam because in their eyes he's already way to perfect in image.

Plus, there are quite an audience who hates Cam and it those folks media reaches out to because in the end it's really about them and the Cam supporters and haters hitting their site and keeping them in business.

If Cam didn't have so many envious haters the media wouldn't be taking any and everything he does to create controversy with it.

#116 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Jerry Springer gets ratings too.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is an awful quarterback. They know it, but they also know he gets ratings/clicks/whatever.

In all honesty, I don't think The Golden Calf of Bristol draws as much attention now as he did when he was with the Broncos. I believe it's folks on ESPN wanting to keep the The Golden Calf of Bristol story going because they can. When they publically announced they were going to cut back on the The Golden Calf of Bristol talk, I was quite surprise they were so willing to admit that all the The Golden Calf of Bristol conversations were more them pushing than folks wanting.

#117 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,433 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

why would anybody even listen to charlotte sports radio in the first place? Put on the ipod and listen to some tunes

#118 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Only men with small whines think Cam is an ass-hole because he stands taller than them.

Such male envy

hahaha nah just playin'. Cam is the man. But he does have some growing up to do. I wouldn't trade Cam for Luck or RG3 or Andy Dalton or any other young QB.

#119 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,779 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

WFNZ isn't a real, legitimate sports talk station. We listen to it because it's the only thing on. Like I've said before, I'm really pulling for ESPN730 to take off.

Are you serious? Before wfnz, who was here? They've been there for the longest time and have a lot of affiliates in the Carolinas. Before the Drive came on the other show with the guy who's name escapes me was the best show on there. They've been featured on ESPN as well for breaking some news and other local events. They are legit as it gets. With that being said, it doesn't mean they are the best... but they are legit.

#120 MGH1989

MGH1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Havent really heard anything fabricated about Cam in terms of local media other than a lot of dumb callers on WFNZ. I also generally like WFNZ except Marc James who I also generally like is such a kiss ass. A couple of weeks ago he was talking poo about Steve Smith and low and behold Steve was on the show and Marc was jock sniffing him like a pro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com