Such a gifted talent we are all so blessed to watch

#17 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

We have posters on this board who will tell you right now Jake was a better QB and more "clutch".

Im a Cam lover! But you can make the argument that Jake was more clutch...

In time Cam will get better in that department

#18 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Cam is the man. Period.

#19 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Im a Cam lover! But you can make the argument that Jake was more clutch...

In time Cam will get better in that department

I really dislike the whole "clucth" thing. You could make an equally convincing argument that Jake was extremely lucky.

I love Jake but some of the poo we pulled off while he was here probably had more to do with divine intervention than anything he did.

#20 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I really dislike the whole "clucth" thing. You could make an equally convincing argument that Jake was extremely lucky.

I love Jake but some of the poo we pulled off while he was here probably had more to do with divine intervention than anything he did.

Most of Jake's "clutch" plays involved a prime Steve Smith.

#21 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Love that he called out the "Scrooge" article. Someone with a twitter account should tweet this article to that assbag.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

You could argue the "clutch" thing, but Cam is miles away better than Jake.

This is 100% accurate.

Cam has a TON more talent than Jake ever did. He is truly a guy that you have to gameplan for.

But, Jake was one of the most "clutch" QB's in the league. Late in a game and he just FOUND ways to make plays. That is something that Cam has yet to deliver.....and by yet, I mean that he will get there.

Cam is very young and looks like he tends to press a bit late in the game. he is trying to make that huge play rather than taking what the defense gives him and keep the chains moving.

I fully believe that Cam is on the verge of breaking out in that area....and when he does, it is going to be a fun ride.

#23 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,246 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Great point.

Jake did his part though.

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Delhomme was certainly more clutch. Jake Delhomme without his clutchness though is never a starting NFL QB, not even close. It was by far his best attribute

#25 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Jake knew one thing that all QB after have not learned. GIVE THE BALL TO SMITTY and the rest will take care of itself

#26 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Remember, Cam's arm is still quite young. He had the lowest throwing percentage than any of the top QBs in his draft class.

The more he throws, will hopefully mean sharper skills.

There is a reason why is character is always under attack. Can't stop the talent.

#27 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,997 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Why would anybody hate on something like that? This is great for Cam and I'm praying he keeps up the good work. It just makes me wonder why we haven't been as good of a team.

Missed oppurtinities, failed executions, and bad coaching.

2013 baby.

#28 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

This is 100% accurate.

Cam has a TON more talent than Jake ever did. He is truly a guy that you have to gameplan for.

But, Jake was one of the most "clutch" QB's in the league. Late in a game and he just FOUND ways to make plays. That is something that Cam has yet to deliver.....and by yet, I mean that he will get there.

Cam is very young and looks like he tends to press a bit late in the game. he is trying to make that huge play rather than taking what the defense gives him and keep the chains moving.

I fully believe that Cam is on the verge of breaking out in that area....and when he does, it is going to be a fun ride.

I think being a clutch player also comes with the security in the receivers around you. If Cam's only solid go to guy is Steve, then it's hard for him to get out of trouble if there is no one he can easily turn to when Stevie is in trouble. There is a reason why they say, football is a team sport. Everyone has to be on the same page mentally.

I'm sure Jake had players around him that he could quickly turn to when he was in trouble or needed to make a quick score. The players around Cam isn't there yet.

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I think being a clutch player also comes with the security in the receivers around you. If Cam's only solid go to guy is Steve, then it's hard for him to get out of trouble if there is no one he can easily turn to when Stevie is in trouble. There is a reason why they say, football is a team sport. Everyone has to be on the same page mentally.

I'm sure Jake had players around him that he could quickly turn to when he was in trouble or needed to make a quick score. The players around Cam isn't there yet.

I agree with you that Jake had a younger and more explosive Smitty to throw to. But, he still just had something about him late in games. He found ways to make plays.

So far, Cam has not been able to come close to that.

But, as I said.....He is still very young and is still a work in process. I fully expect him to improve in this area.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,006 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

not surprised at all. so the next step is just closing out games. yes that's a team deal but it makes those stats even sweeter.

if anything im just insanely perplexed and frustrated with the team as a whole. so much potential and we could have easily been in the playoffs back to back seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com