Cam Newton: Best First Two Seasons Ever

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Matt Moore and Clausen had Kasey...and Smitty..

Matt Moore had a winning record 2 out of 3 years his number was called

Clausen isn't a NFL QB

#47 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,826 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

still think Marino had the better 2 first seasons overall, even if purely based on stats one can make an argument for Cam... there is more to the game than just stats. That's not to say that Cam hasn't had one of the best first two seasons ever, he has - but I don't think his two seasons are as good as those Marino had.

#48 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Have to disagree. With no running game and an o-line playing like crap? We would have been seeing a lot of bad Jake. Like maybe 25 interceptions and a half dozen sack/fumbles is what I would envision.

Jake had an old Stephen Davis and Deshaun "my acl hurts" foster. The running game from those days was so overrated. The line...well...I wont argue that..

#49 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thats Pretty Dag Gum Good don't care who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#50 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

One note about Marino: he was drafted by a Dolphins team coming off a Super Bowl trip. Cam went to the 2-14 Panthers.

#51 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,046 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Jake was a better leader, emotional sparkplug and "professional".

Cam is by far the better QB and once he irons out a few things he still struggles with he could be legen...wait for it....dary.

#52 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I would take 2003-07 Jake over rookie and soph Cam in the 4th Q. Call him lucky, but he got in done. So will Cam with time, but we are in the playoffs thia year with Jake.

:lol:

Games we won with Cam this year we would have LOST with Jake.

#53 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Nice article.

Suck it haters.

#54 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,588 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

It may be sad that a good QB cannot make a bad team better. But, Cam is the reason we have a future. If you cannot see that. Wait for it... you are a bad weather fan.

Cam is our future. And the future is very bright.

#55 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Any Jake Delhomme is a better qb when planets align and its a home game played on an even numberd day of the month is laughable. Cam is better and more talented than any QB we have ever had and its not close.

The fact we have pretty much traded punches with the best teams in the NFL each week speaks voulmes on this and Delhomme would have imploded with his bowl cut of Cajun anger...and Im a Delhomme fan and my original Huddle name was Jambalayah!

#56 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

No doubt Cam is.x times better. Im just saying Jake took us a Superbowl in his first year here....that means something..right?..

#57 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

No doubt Cam is.x times better. Im just saying Jake took us a Superbowl in his first year here....that means something..right?..

I loved having Jake as our QB, and that was a special season from start to finish. It's just that we had a better team then, and Jake wasn't asked to be our whole offense.

#58 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,826 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

One note about Marino: he was drafted by a Dolphins team coming off a Super Bowl trip. Cam went to the 2-14 Panthers.

I know where and when Marino was drafted. That doesn't detract at all from what he was able to do, particularly in his second year. I'm sorry, but it's not like Marino was coasting by on a good team.

Cam is a great player and has had an amazing first two years, but I just can't ignore that second year by Marino in this comparison, and all the accolades that came with it.

Cam may be the better quarterback in the long run, and hopefully he will actually win a title, but I don't think it is any slight against Cam to think Marino had a better first 2 years.

#59 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,983 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

:lol:

Games we won with Cam this year we would have LOST with Jake.

there's two and a half minutes left in the fourth and the panthers are nursing a 2 point lead. they drove to midfield before stalling out. the punt is downed at the opponents' 15.

if you're watching the 2005 panthers, you know a big stop or turnover is coming. if you're watching the 2012 panthers...

#60 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

I know where and when Marino was drafted. That doesn't detract at all from what he was able to do, particularly in his second year. I'm sorry, but it's not like Marino was coasting by on a good team.

Cam is a great player and has had an amazing first two years, but I just can't ignore that second year by Marino in this comparison, and all the accolades that came with it.

Cam may be the better quarterback in the long run, and hopefully he will actually win a title, but I don't think it is any slight against Cam to think Marino had a better first 2 years.

Actually I mentioned that to help point out why Cam isn't winning like Marino did his first two years. Marino had a more competent team around him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com