#61 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

No doubt Cam is.x times better. Im just saying Jake took us a Superbowl in his first year here....that means something..right?..

carolina was carrying most of the parts of 2002's number 2 defense in the NFL (the bucs' 02 squad, one of the best defenses of all time, was number 1) over to 2003 and was hell bent on running the ball.

jake's 2003 stats are almost identical to cam's stats this season except he passed for fewer yards and threw five more interceptions that year. that should tell you something.

#62 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

jake's 2003 stats are almost identical to cam's stats this season except he passed for fewer yards and threw five more interceptions that year. that should tell you something.

Not sure, but I think Jake was also a little shy of Cam in rushing yards. :)

#63 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

he could break ankles like a moaf though

Posted Image

#64 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

seriously how is DeAngelo Hall still starting on a team 3 years after that happened

oh, right, Redskins

#65 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,092 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Jake was a better leader, emotional sparkplug and "professional".

Cam is by far the better QB and once he irons out a few things he still struggles with he could be legen...wait for it....dary.

Jake was also a veteran QB when he made his Panther debut

#66 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

BOOM! Cam is the man, but we knew that already.

#67 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Matt Moore and Clausen had Kasey...and Smitty..

And what exactly is your point? They both sucked fat ball sack. Cam would not have the problems those two useless uniform numbers ever did. Find a better point to make.

#68 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I remember when people said you didn't know anything about football if you thought Cam could play qb in the nfl. Two years later he statistically had the best first two seasons ever. I don't see how anyone can say Marino or anybody else was better. Numbers don't lie. You can't use wins as a point in the argument because that's a team stat. Everything else is personal opinion. Fact is Cam had the best first two seasons for a qb ever and he's a Carolina Panther.

#69 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Jake was also a veteran QB when he made his Panther debut

been in the league for five years and was 28 years old in 2003. cam was 22. lots of life experience as an adult and a professional in those 6 years years.

can you imagine how much cam will have accomplished by the time he's the age jake was when he got his start?

#70 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

The question of whether Newton or Marino had the best first 2 years in quarterbacking history is academic.

It is just spectacular that Cam is either #1 or #2.

#71 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

The question of whether Newton or Marino had the best first 2 years in quarterbacking history is academic.

It is just spectacular that Cam is either #1 or #2.

exactly... did any of you guys who wanted Cam realistically think that 2 years in we'd be trying to decide if he had a better first two seasons than arguably the best (or one of the best:P) pure passers ever to play the game?

I was dumb... I am glad I was wrong about him... but even once I got on board, even when he was playing well early on, I really didn't imagine that two years in he'd have amassed this kind of body of work

#72 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

cmIm just glad members of the huddle that hated Cam, and the idea of drafting him 2 years ago can admit he is awesome. Marino, and even Delhomme played in a different time. I just think Jake was the best QB we have ever had, and until we win something, that will remain my belief. QBs are judged by what they win. People hate on Peyton because he "only" has 1 ring. Peyton Manning, the greatest QB of all time.

#73 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Jake was a better leader, emotional sparkplug and "professional".

Cam is by far the better QB and once he irons out a few things he still struggles with he could be legen...wait for it....dary.

At last check Brady is still throwing temper tantrums on the field and screaming at his receivers when it's clearly his fault. No one is questioning his maturity and professional skills.

We need to find silly faults to offset the taent. I get it.

And please remind me again, why is Cam being compared to a QB who was already a Vet when you got him?

#74 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Jake was backing up Aaron Brooks. Some veteran. Really, what did he learn, from Aaron freaking Brooks?

#75 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Jake was backing up Aaron Brooks. Some veteran. Really, what did he learn, from Aaron freaking Brooks?

Before that he backed up Kurt Warner in NFLE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.