Cam Newton: Best First Two Seasons Ever

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#76 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Jake was backing up Aaron Brooks. Some veteran. Really, what did he learn, from Aaron freaking Brooks?

Jake did more than that....he was a championship team playing professional football in Europe. Backed up Kurt Warner on that Championship squad and Warner has good HOF odds bc ya know....he could play.

Jake was a vet and had been a professional for yearS. He didn't just back up Aaron Brooks for a season and then suddenly become our guy

#77 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

he could break ankles like a moaf though

Posted Image

lol i was at that game

nothing like the scene afterwards. thousands of shellshocked hicks in redskins poo sleepwalking their way to south mint st.

#78 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Jake did more than that....he was a championship team playing professional football in Europe. Backed up Kurt Warner on that Championship squad and Warner has good HOF odds bc ya know....he could play.

Jake was a vet and had been a professional for yearS. He didn't just back up Aaron Brooks for a season and then suddenly become our guy

But, he did....back up...Aaron..Brooks..?.

#79 Halifax Panther

Halifax Panther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Cam was spiralling down during the losses and I was beginning to think he would get his head on right, but he did. Everybody better watch out cus this dude is learning fast and once he can close out games, he will be a force to reckon with.

#80 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

i've been watching some of cam's games from last season and early this season and he does look very, very different at this point. better footwork, quicker decisions, fewer "what the fug was he looking at" moments. he just looks more comfortable in general.

#81 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

If any of you really think Cam has had two good seasons, I don't know what to tell you. This board is absolutely insane.

#82 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

If any of you really think Cam has had two good seasons, I don't know what to tell you. This board is absolutely insane.

it's undeniable statistically

or are you one of those retards who think quarterbacks should be credited with "wins". having read the ocular diarrhea that you post here i know you can't talk Xs and Os to save your dick from being chopped off so i'm just going to assume that's what you mean.

#83 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

it's undeniable statistically

Sure, if you relly on stats and disregard wins and losses, clutch play and leadership elements. But yeah, he's been nothing short of spectacular, statistically!!

It's sad that you guys have come to this.

#84 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

And where can I find these all important career defining NFLE games on tv?

Stop acting like Jake was so widely vet that found a home here after years of success in other places. He was a young guy, that nobody gave a poo about, and he came out.swinging and won.

#85 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Bump, only because I know that they won't mention this at all during today's broadcast, and you sure as hell won't hear it on ESPN.

It's on us to spread this and let as many fans read the truth for themselves... Here's to Cam having a great day and only adding more TD's to his remarkable feat

#86 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sure, if you relly on stats and disregard wins and losses, clutch play and leadership elements. But yeah, he's been nothing short of spectacular, statistically!!

It's sad that you guys have come to this.

just revisiting this post in light of the fact that the panthers just won a shootout against drew brees of all people.

"leadership elements" lmfao

#87 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

just revisiting this post in light of the fact that the panthers just won a shootout against drew brees of all people.

"leadership elements" lmfao

Oh, so you guys were able to score on the worst defense in NFL history. You guys are setting the bar really high.

#88 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Oh, so you guys were able to score on the worst defense in NFL history. You guys are setting the bar really high.

posted by a guy whose favorite team lost to the saints lmfao

quarterbacks also don't win games by themselves as matt ryan illustrated with his five pick "win" over the cardinals

#89 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Haters are gonna hate

#90 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Football is the biggest team sport ever made. One man can't win (except maybe Barry Sanders) or lose a game all by himself.

Stats and the eye test should be used to grade/compare players - not wins and losses. Wins and losses define a team, not a player.

Cam Newton has as much upside as any QB I've ever seen. The kid has a rocket for an arm and has better accuracy than most give him credit. With that said, he ain't anywhere near where Marino was as a pure passer coming into the league. Marino was on a different level than... well, anyone in the modern day era.

But Marino couldn't do what Cam can do with his feet. And Marino wasn't nearly as big, strong and elusive as Cam.

Either way, both are phenoms and I find it hard to understand why anyone would be upset with our QB right now. Fast forward another 2 years, and this young man will own this league. Remember, he's still learning. But the curve is getting less steep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com