#91 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Either way, both are phenoms and I find it hard to understand why anyone would be upset with our QB right now.

well falcons fans who had to watch a guy they all loathe beat the piss out of their team a few weeks ago seem to be upset with cam

#92 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

You can't compare him to Marino, but Cam sure has the physical skills to become the Marino of the modern QB's.

#93 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

well falcons fans who had to watch a guy they all loathe beat the piss out of their team a few weeks ago seem to be upset with cam

Hahaha... I stand corrected. well I guess non-Panthers fans might not like him very much. Good catch.

#94 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

You can't compare him to Marino, but Cam sure has the physical skills to become the Marino of the modern QB's.

Honestly, it's hard to find anyone to compare him to. I can't think of anyone with his size, strength, speed, elusiveness, arm strength, accuracy (good, but improving).

I think if he improves his touch passing (every pass isn't a laser shot), becomes more consistent with his footwork and stops trying to win games by himself (hit checkdowns quicker - he still needs to learn when to give up on a play), he'll find the wins and late game comebacks will be easier.

#95 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

there are a ton of guys who are better pure passers than cam will ever be. you'd be crazy to argue otherwise.

it's his athleticism combined with the fact that he can make any throw on the field that makes him who he is. the 15 yard out is kind of unofficially the firewall that divides NFL QBs from your college variety and cam sticks those in his sleep. his mechanics are still a mess sometimes but that's fixable. what we've seen out of him in seasons one and two isn't close to the last word on cam.

#96 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Marino and Newton do not belong in the same sentence. Seriously, you guys live in a dream world.

#97 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Marino and Newton do not belong in the same sentence. Seriously, you guys live in a dream world.

except when you use them in the same sentence

#98 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, we are like totally upset and stuff!! It's just awful watching your team win 13 games. I'm like totally jealous of a headcase quarterback who can't read defenses!!

#99 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

except when you use them in the same sentence

Doesn't make it right.

#100 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

there are a ton of guys who are better pure passers than cam will ever be. you'd be crazy to argue otherwise.

it's his athleticism combined with the fact that he can make any throw on the field that makes him who he is. the 15 yard out is kind of unofficially the firewall that divides NFL QBs from your college variety and cam sticks those in his sleep. his mechanics are still a mess sometimes but that's fixable. what we've seen out of him in seasons one and two isn't close to the last word on cam.

You nailed it!!! That 15-20 yd out separates great NFL arms from great college arms. And the biggest ***** I see in Griffin's armor, is his inability to consistently stick it in there.

#101 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Agree - final product Marino and 2nd year Newton do not belong in the same sentence. 1st/2nd year Marino and 1st/2nd year Cam do. Can't say the same for Matty Ice.

#102 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Agree - final product Marino and 2nd year Newton do not belong in the same sentence. 1st/2nd year Marino and 1st/2nd year Cam do. Can't say the same for Matty Ice.

Delusional ^^^

#103 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yeah, we are like totally upset and stuff!! It's just awful watching your team win 13 games. I'm like totally jealous of a headcase quarterback who can't read defenses!!

yeah let's change the subject again why not.

also people who argue that a quarterback "can't read defenses" are dumbfugs talking out of their ass 99% of the time. akili smith and rick mirer are examples of guys who couldn't read defenses, okay?

also wouldn't you agree that it's pretty amazing that a guy who allegedly "can't read defenses" managed to pass for 14 touchdowns against 4 interceptions over a nine week stretch.

#104 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Cam Newton isn't even a top ten quarterback.

#105 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Which ten would you take over him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com