Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Republican Moochers

67 posts in this topic

how does it change when daddy was the working class?

make your own money.

You can't really be surprised by the oxymoron that is the "religious right". I'm not religious myself, but I know enough of the Bible to know that most of the people that thump their Bibles the hardest would not have been down to die the kind of terrible deaths that most of the 12 disciples and most of the apostles suffered; they would abandon their faith in a heartbeat if the stakes ever got that high. They claim to be Christians while picking and choosing the portions of scripture they want to apply and obey. It's no surprise that some of the most hate filled people on planet earth are strict adherents of one form of sky worship or another.

Ghandi once said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ". That quote makes me laugh every time I read it because it is incredibly true.

But yeah, most people would not have a problem with "entitlements" if those they deemed unworthy did not also get said "entitlements".

You can't really be surprised by the oxymoron that is the "religious right". I'm not religious myself, but I know enough of the Bible to know that most of the people that thump their Bibles the hardest would not have been down to die the kind of terrible deaths that most of the 12 disciples and most of the apostles suffered; they would abandon their faith in a heartbeat if the stakes ever got that high. They claim to be Christians while picking and choosing the portions of scripture they want to apply and obey. It's no surprise that some of the most hate filled people on planet earth are strict adherents of one form of sky worship or another.

Ghandi once said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ". That quote makes me laugh every time I read it because it is incredibly true.

But yeah, most people would not have a problem with "entitlements" if those they deemed unworthy did not also get said "entitlements".

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to make a generic Christian-bashing post.

Is the tinderbox growing up?

Cute little anecdotal story you have there, but unless you can post some charts and graphs, and maybe a quote or two from a peer reviewed article, with links to the original source material, I'm afraid I can't be expected to take this all that seriously.

the difference is he's not making a sweeping generalization with his anecdote. it's a story for the sake of bringing up discussion.

if he said "my uncle is a republican moocher, therefore all republicans are actually moochers" you'd have an excellent point. but he did not.

sorry to derail...

A good quote but it may not be something Gandhi ever said...

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=61900

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to make a generic Christian-bashing post.

Is the tinderbox growing up?

It's not generic; I respect true Christians i.e. people who are like Christ; most of the "religious right" are more like the Pharisees that harassed and ultimately killed Jesus. If you adhere to the tenets of your faith, there is no need to take offense. If the shoe fits and you are another hate filled hypocrite who points out the specks in other people's eyes while ignoring the log in your own eye.....then by all means wear the shoe.

The people bitching about "entitlements" while they themselves benefit from entitlements are like people who think their poo doesn't stink. It's a playground mentality displayed by children.

How does this enlightened theory of yours work when the daddy WAS the working class?

If an asset is left to a spouse or a (Federally recognized) charitable organization, the tax usually does not apply. For deaths occurring up to 2012, up to $5,000,000 can be passed from an individual upon his or her death without incurring federal estate tax.[2]

lol you think you could both face an inheritance tax AND be a part of the working class. lllllloooooollllllll. stop talking about things you don't understand

in other words, just stop posting

Nah, I like calling out your bullshit too much...

the difference is he's not making a sweeping generalization with his anecdote. it's a story for the sake of bringing up discussion.

if he said "my uncle is a republican moocher, therefore all republicans are actually moochers" you'd have an excellent point. but he did not.

He was just messing with me Philly... Well, that and making fun of some others on here.

Nah, I like calling out your bullshit too much...

you like "calling out my bullshit" by insinuating that the owner of a $5 million or more estate is working class?

oh wow you're really good at this whole "call out my bullshit by posting the dumbest fuging thing i've ever heard" thing, good job