67 replies to this topic

#16 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Speaking of both sides on the take. This should do nothing to bolster peoples confidence in our gov, especially while both squaking about fiscal cliff.

http://www.weeklysta...ers_692223.html

#17 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

the closest thing to reagan's mythical welfare queen is the US military

#18 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

i see all kinds of hypocrisy like that from both sides

Yeah it's a two way street.

My GF's Mother always bitches and makes it pretty obvious how she hates all these "ghetto" people who sit on their ass and don't work..how her taxes pay for them to live. LOL she doesn't work. Hasn't in a while. My GF's dad is loaded.

#19 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yeah it's a two way street.

My GF's Mother always bitches and makes it pretty obvious how she hates all these "ghetto" people who sit on their ass and don't work..how her taxes pay for them to live. LOL she doesn't work. Hasn't in a while. My GF's dad is loaded.

As long as the government is not keeping her up, then let her sit on her ass all she wants

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,948 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yeah thats the boot straps mentality!

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

the closest thing to reagan's mythical welfare queen is the US military

Both are there, and both need reform.

Nothing mythical about folks abusing the system, and the military abusing the system.

#22 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,902 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

why don't poor people just live off their rich parents?

lazy pos

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

This may be a shock to some people: There are people who get govt assistance because they actually need it to assist them through a transistion. They are educated and have worked and intend to work.

The fact that these programs have been painted as "the majority of participants are scamming the govt so they can get high and watch Montell Williams commercials" is terribly wrong. In a time of high unemployment and displaced workers...there is a need for social programs to assist with the transistion to another job.

They keep families afloat while they are interviewing for new jobs with high priced COBRA benefits that cost more than unemployment pays..

Now are there peeps who abuse the programs?.yes..improved oversight needs to exist but they are the exception IMO.

A co worker of mine is battling cancer and went on a huge anti-Obama socialized healthcare is garbage rant...then praised, 5 minutes later, his Tri-Care for taking care of his expensive treatment and meds..

So a person with no healthcare working at a low paying job gets cancer they have to pay out of pocket for all meds and treatments pretty much..sounds fair.

#24 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

moral of the story: surprise! people who receive - and exploit - government help don't follow only a single party.

#25 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

why don't poor people just live off their rich parents?

lazy pos

poor people have such a sense of entitlement

also the estate tax is totally unfair i deserve every penny my daddy made on the back of the working class

#26 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

poor people have such a sense of entitlement

also the estate tax is totally unfair i deserve every penny my daddy made on the back of the working class

Why would you get the money directly from your daddy, when the government can take it and then give it to you via entitlements?

Some people...

#27 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I thought this little story was relevant to some of the stuff we've discussed in here over the last few months...

Went to my family's Christmas part over the holidays... long story short, it almost turned into a church service with all the talking about how god has done this and done that... and then my uncle gets up and proceeds to tell us how we need to pray for our country, how Obama is destroying it, etc., etc.

A little about my uncle... he's retired from the military with over 25 years service and full benefits, and also retired from a local gov't job where he worked after his military service, also with full benefits... needless to say, he's pretty well off. Paid off house, new truck every year, etc.

So afterwards we're talking and he's telling us this story of how he went to the VA about his benefits and how the guy at the VA awarded him all these "new" benefits because of his various "health problems" (which are marginal at best), and told us that he qualified for an additional $1200/mo in benefits.

I just found it interesting that the same person who was just railing about how Obama was destroying our country is essentially "on the take" for benefits he doesn't really need, but doesn't seem to see the problem with it.

I find this to be a growing problem. I guess it's the "I may as well get my share too" attitude...

I was personally very put off by his attitude, and frankly had always thought better of him as a person.

Im not surprised. The majority of people I know that get govt assistance are Republican Obama haters. They also go on and on about how the govt spends too much money on entitlement programs while they are sitting on there ass all day pulling in govt checks. They all seem to think there reason for getting it is legit.

One day im going to point out the hypocrisy to them.

Edit- sounds like a hhorrible Christmas. Sorry :(

#28 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Kinda hard not to take free $$ off the table... No matter what side of the fence you stand on

Ron Paul Revolution

#29 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I thought this little story was relevant to some of the stuff we've discussed in here over the last few months...

Went to my family's Christmas part over the holidays... long story short, it almost turned into a church service with all the talking about how god has done this and done that... and then my uncle gets up and proceeds to tell us how we need to pray for our country, how Obama is destroying it, etc., etc.

A little about my uncle... he's retired from the military with over 25 years service and full benefits, and also retired from a local gov't job where he worked after his military service, also with full benefits... needless to say, he's pretty well off. Paid off house, new truck every year, etc.

So afterwards we're talking and he's telling us this story of how he went to the VA about his benefits and how the guy at the VA awarded him all these "new" benefits because of his various "health problems" (which are marginal at best), and told us that he qualified for an additional $1200/mo in benefits.

I just found it interesting that the same person who was just railing about how Obama was destroying our country is essentially "on the take" for benefits he doesn't really need, but doesn't seem to see the problem with it.

I find this to be a growing problem. I guess it's the "I may as well get my share too" attitude...

I was personally very put off by his attitude, and frankly had always thought better of him as a person.

I have noticed a thin line between the "upper entitled" and "lower entitled."

It is human nature to want to have everything for nothing. The way I see it, those who are "upper" want to protect their free ticket by trying to make other freeloaders look bad, and is much easier to do so when you appear to be upper class.

"Lowers" try to protect their ticket by trying to act as a victim, and that their life isn't as great as you seem to think it is on welfare.

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,315 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

How does this enlightened theory of yours work when the daddy WAS the working class?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com