• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

how does it change when daddy was the working class?

make your own money.

#32 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

You can't really be surprised by the oxymoron that is the "religious right". I'm not religious myself, but I know enough of the Bible to know that most of the people that thump their Bibles the hardest would not have been down to die the kind of terrible deaths that most of the 12 disciples and most of the apostles suffered; they would abandon their faith in a heartbeat if the stakes ever got that high. They claim to be Christians while picking and choosing the portions of scripture they want to apply and obey. It's no surprise that some of the most hate filled people on planet earth are strict adherents of one form of sky worship or another.

Ghandi once said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ". That quote makes me laugh every time I read it because it is incredibly true.

But yeah, most people would not have a problem with "entitlements" if those they deemed unworthy did not also get said "entitlements".

#33 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,761 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

You can't really be surprised by the oxymoron that is the "religious right". I'm not religious myself, but I know enough of the Bible to know that most of the people that thump their Bibles the hardest would not have been down to die the kind of terrible deaths that most of the 12 disciples and most of the apostles suffered; they would abandon their faith in a heartbeat if the stakes ever got that high. They claim to be Christians while picking and choosing the portions of scripture they want to apply and obey. It's no surprise that some of the most hate filled people on planet earth are strict adherents of one form of sky worship or another.

Ghandi once said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ". That quote makes me laugh every time I read it because it is incredibly true.

But yeah, most people would not have a problem with "entitlements" if those they deemed unworthy did not also get said "entitlements".

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to make a generic Christian-bashing post.

Is the tinderbox growing up?

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,702 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Cute little anecdotal story you have there, but unless you can post some charts and graphs, and maybe a quote or two from a peer reviewed article, with links to the original source material, I'm afraid I can't be expected to take this all that seriously.

the difference is he's not making a sweeping generalization with his anecdote. it's a story for the sake of bringing up discussion.

if he said "my uncle is a republican moocher, therefore all republicans are actually moochers" you'd have an excellent point. but he did not.

#35 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

sorry to derail...

A good quote but it may not be something Gandhi ever said...

http://message.snope...ead.php?t=61900

#36 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to make a generic Christian-bashing post.

Is the tinderbox growing up?

It's not generic; I respect true Christians i.e. people who are like Christ; most of the "religious right" are more like the Pharisees that harassed and ultimately killed Jesus. If you adhere to the tenets of your faith, there is no need to take offense. If the shoe fits and you are another hate filled hypocrite who points out the specks in other people's eyes while ignoring the log in your own eye.....then by all means wear the shoe.

The people bitching about "entitlements" while they themselves benefit from entitlements are like people who think their poo doesn't stink. It's a playground mentality displayed by children.

#37 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

How does this enlightened theory of yours work when the daddy WAS the working class?

If an asset is left to a spouse or a (Federally recognized) charitable organization, the tax usually does not apply. For deaths occurring up to 2012, up to $5,000,000 can be passed from an individual upon his or her death without incurring federal estate tax.[2]

lol you think you could both face an inheritance tax AND be a part of the working class. lllllloooooollllllll. stop talking about things you don't understand

in other words, just stop posting

#38 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,482 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Nah, I like calling out your bullshit too much...

#39 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,482 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

the difference is he's not making a sweeping generalization with his anecdote. it's a story for the sake of bringing up discussion.

if he said "my uncle is a republican moocher, therefore all republicans are actually moochers" you'd have an excellent point. but he did not.

He was just messing with me Philly... Well, that and making fun of some others on here.

#40 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Nah, I like calling out your bullshit too much...

you like "calling out my bullshit" by insinuating that the owner of a $5 million or more estate is working class?

oh wow you're really good at this whole "call out my bullshit by posting the dumbest fuging thing i've ever heard" thing, good job

#41 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,482 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

So there's no scenario you can imagine where a working class person could work hard enough and smart enough to earn $5 million dollars in a liftime?

That's interesting, esp since I personally know people who have done just that...

...and that's not even mentioning the fact that it could be done honestly and fairly and not be done "on the backs of others".

That right there, your smug attitude and your absolute statements, that you so often make, are what I enjoy calling you out on.

One day maybe your blinders will come off and you'll see that your interpretation of things isn't always the way things really are.

#42 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

oh wow you know working class people who are worth $5 million or more? that's interesting! know why? it's because such wealth is entirely contradictory to the working class. do you even know what "working class" means? ha, of course you don't. here, read this http://en.wikipedia....i/Working_class (don't worry; no one actually expects you to go through the trouble of understanding things before, or after, you open your fat mouth). these things are mutually exclusive. in case you don't know (of course you don't, come on), "mutually exclusive" means that they cannot occur at the same time.

you seem to think that there is a way to make that kind of money as a member of the working class (literally impossible without changing the meaning of the working class itself or including lottery winnings or something) AND without benefiting from the labor of the actual working class. this is baffling, and can only lead me to believe that you, again, have no clue what you're talking about

#43 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

i mean i've spoken to some teatarded motherfugers before and even they wouldn't pretend like millionaires are working class. this reminds me of when people were going on about how $250,000 is middle class in new york/san francisco/wherever, except 20 times worse

but hey, let's just say someone works for 50 years and nets $5 million over the course of their career. and let's also say that they never spent a dime; somehow sustaining themselves purely on the blood and sweat of the *actual working class*. that is $100,000 a year. in today's terms, $100,000 in income places you above the 80th percentile in america. first, if you make $100,000 a year, you're not a member of the working class, because you make more than fuging 80% of american workers. second, if you accumulate $5,000,000 and then die, guess what? fuging none of it will be taxed when you pass it on to your fuging lazy kids; only everything made above that figure (at least up until 2012).

now, if you would like to debate individual entitlement to any amount of a dead person's wealth (ie whether or not that is a community good or that is something that should go to their relatives, otherwise known as the winners of the genetic lottery) i would be more than happy to. however, speaking purely in terms of the existing estate tax, which i clearly was, it is fuging silly to suggest that any member of the working class could be adversely affected by the estate tax. additionally, it is fuging silly for a bootsrappy tea party independent conservative libertarian republican to claim entitlement to the entirety of an estate worth greater than $5,000,000 while whining about goddamn food stamps.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,482 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Your ranting continues to amuse...

I forgot that in Cantrell world all wealthy people are evil and all poor people are victims, because hey, everything is black-and-white so its easy to understand.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,702 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

additionally, it is fuging silly for a bootstrappy tea party independent conservative libertarian republican to claim entitlement to the entirety of an estate worth greater than $5,000,000 while whining about goddamn food stamps.

this is an interesting point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.