67 replies to this topic

#41 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

So there's no scenario you can imagine where a working class person could work hard enough and smart enough to earn $5 million dollars in a liftime?

That's interesting, esp since I personally know people who have done just that...

...and that's not even mentioning the fact that it could be done honestly and fairly and not be done "on the backs of others".

That right there, your smug attitude and your absolute statements, that you so often make, are what I enjoy calling you out on.

One day maybe your blinders will come off and you'll see that your interpretation of things isn't always the way things really are.

#42 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

oh wow you know working class people who are worth $5 million or more? that's interesting! know why? it's because such wealth is entirely contradictory to the working class. do you even know what "working class" means? ha, of course you don't. here, read this http://en.wikipedia....i/Working_class (don't worry; no one actually expects you to go through the trouble of understanding things before, or after, you open your fat mouth). these things are mutually exclusive. in case you don't know (of course you don't, come on), "mutually exclusive" means that they cannot occur at the same time.

you seem to think that there is a way to make that kind of money as a member of the working class (literally impossible without changing the meaning of the working class itself or including lottery winnings or something) AND without benefiting from the labor of the actual working class. this is baffling, and can only lead me to believe that you, again, have no clue what you're talking about

#43 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

i mean i've spoken to some teatarded motherfugers before and even they wouldn't pretend like millionaires are working class. this reminds me of when people were going on about how $250,000 is middle class in new york/san francisco/wherever, except 20 times worse

but hey, let's just say someone works for 50 years and nets $5 million over the course of their career. and let's also say that they never spent a dime; somehow sustaining themselves purely on the blood and sweat of the *actual working class*. that is $100,000 a year. in today's terms, $100,000 in income places you above the 80th percentile in america. first, if you make $100,000 a year, you're not a member of the working class, because you make more than fuging 80% of american workers. second, if you accumulate $5,000,000 and then die, guess what? fuging none of it will be taxed when you pass it on to your fuging lazy kids; only everything made above that figure (at least up until 2012).

now, if you would like to debate individual entitlement to any amount of a dead person's wealth (ie whether or not that is a community good or that is something that should go to their relatives, otherwise known as the winners of the genetic lottery) i would be more than happy to. however, speaking purely in terms of the existing estate tax, which i clearly was, it is fuging silly to suggest that any member of the working class could be adversely affected by the estate tax. additionally, it is fuging silly for a bootsrappy tea party independent conservative libertarian republican to claim entitlement to the entirety of an estate worth greater than $5,000,000 while whining about goddamn food stamps.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Your ranting continues to amuse...

I forgot that in Cantrell world all wealthy people are evil and all poor people are victims, because hey, everything is black-and-white so its easy to understand.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

additionally, it is fuging silly for a bootstrappy tea party independent conservative libertarian republican to claim entitlement to the entirety of an estate worth greater than $5,000,000 while whining about goddamn food stamps.

this is an interesting point

#46 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Your ranting continues to amuse...

I forgot that in Cantrell world all wealthy people are evil and all poor people are victims, because hey, everything is black-and-white so its easy to understand.

yes that's exactly what i said. not surprised that you totally abandoned the conversation though because you are so fuging stupid it hurts.

#47 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yea...there is no way that a carpenter and an electrician in the 50's and 60's could have purchased enough property through the years for their estates to be worth more than 5 million. Could never happen.....ever....especially in the state that we live in....

Have you looked at what is being proposed if we roll over the fiscal cliff? Anything over 1million gets whacked at 55%.

$2,000,000 estate, gets a tax bill of $550,000. What if most of that is property? Who can write a check for that kind of squash?

Yea, that seems legit.

#48 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

yes that's exactly what i said. not surprised that you totally abandoned the conversation though because you are so fuging stupid it hurts.

lol, I abandoned what conversation? All it was was your typical douchebaggery...

Read fuzz's post... Exactly my point. I know working class people that started businesses that they built up, did well at and eventually sold for millions...

Also, working class people can't win the lottery?

Yet I'm the stupid one... You're so caught up in your righteous liberalism that you can't see past your own nose.

#49 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Wouldn't ownership of that business in many ways move you beyond "working class"? I don't know that I know a single person in the "working class" that has a business worth that much, since the businesses success tends to elevate the ownership at least beyond the working class.

#50 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

lol, I abandoned what conversation? All it was was your typical douchebaggery...

oh look mr. tone argument himself is name calling but it's ok when you do it because:

Read fuzz's post... Exactly my point. I know working class people that started businesses that they built up, did well at and eventually sold for millions...

your point was that we're about to go over "the fiscal cliff", returning the estate tax to 90s era levels? or that inflation happens or something? that's funny because for that to be your point, you sure didn't say one fuging thing about it. tbh "fuzz" isn't much more coherent than yourself so idk why you're leaning on him atm

also you clearly did not do the required reading so let me make this clear: if. you. are. worth. millions. you. are. not. working. class. and. if. you. are. worth. millions. then. you. have. made. your. wealth. on. the. backs. of. others. or. at. the. expense. of. others. because. we. live. in. a. capitalistic. society.

jesus fuging christ dude read a fuging book

Also, working class people can't win the lottery?

please point out where i said that (should be fun since the only reference i made to the lottery was that it's fuging stupid to suggest that you can be working class and rich because hey you could win the lottery, even though it is clearly not a reasonable way to expect to make a living)

here's a tip: stop posting. you lost the moment you mixed the working class with the estate tax, and you've been spinning yourself into the ground ever since. stop posting. read something. stop assuming that you have the answers when you have no background in the subject. if you even have a degree it is clearly in a field that is entirely unrelated to the things that you post about because you have absolutely no understanding of the social sciences and yet you literally cannot shut your fuging mouth about things that you do not understand.

Yet I'm the stupid one... You're so caught up in your righteous liberalism that you can't see past your own nose.

hahaha you think i'm a liberal (of course you do, you're dumb as fug). you are so out of your element. it would be so precious if you weren't so goddamned smug about your own ignorance but well here we are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users