Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So let's say Ross gets the GM job...

66 posts in this topic

Posted

What kind of HC doesn't want to interfere with the personnel department?

The GM and the HC should work very closely together. It should be a symbiotic relationship - the GM is trying to draft players that fit the systems the HC is running after all.

This is why I think Rivera's gone. What GM wants to work with the last guy's HC choice? Especially one that has failed.

agreed.

and if ross's first action is to hire a giants assistant that has been turned down for as many jobs as rivera leading to this one, we've made the wrong hire.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is off topic but does anyone know how old Dave Gettleman is? Ive heard his age is a concern but I cant find his age on the web for the life of me, anyone know?

Posted

oh....and why in the world would dimitroff hire some guy like mike smith?

Posted

and if ross's first action is to hire a giants assistant that has been turned down for as many jobs as rivera leading to this one, we've made the wrong hire.

So for you getting the head coach hire right is more important than the GM hire.

It's an interesting question. If you had to choose, which of those two hires is more crucial to the immediate and/or long term future of the franchise?

Posted

Mr. Scot are you trolling today or what?

Perry Fewell as head coach... Please step away from the keyboard and take the night off.

Posted

So for you getting he head coach hire right I more important than the GM hire.

It's an interesting question. If you had to choose, which of those two hires is more crucial to the future of the franchise?

i didn't say that, but i think it's telling of what to expect and it wouldn't make me happy for a number of reasons. don't want another DC. don't want a GM that sticks to his own organizational gene pool. i want fresh and i want diversity.

between GM &HC who is more important? forced to choose i would say HC, but really both need to be quality and very forward thinking and able to adapt to a changing league....in fact stay ahead of the curve.

Posted

Mr. Scot are you trolling today or what?

Perry Fewell as head coach... Please step away from the keyboard and take the night off.

Fewell wouldn't be my first choice.

But with that said, I question whether Marc Ross would hire a college guy he doesn't know over a pro guy that he does.

Posted

quality is quality regardless of where it comes from.

Posted

Oooh, ummm yea, thats old for a new GM in my opinion. I was reading his info and he seemd like a great option, but 62 is just a bit old.

Posted

I may take a look at the average ages of GMs in the league.

Posted

Fewell wouldn't be my first choice.

But with that said, I question whether Marc Ross would hire a college guy he doesn't know over a pro guy that he does.

I'm sure Ross could find a better pro candidate than Fewell, just about any huddler here could do that.

Posted

I'm sure Ross could find a better pro candidate than Fewell, just about any huddler here could do that.

Ross may not have the same opinion.

Crony hiring is pretty common in the league.

For example, what team is our consultant from? And what team is the guy said to be our leading candidate from?