Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1 Trillion Obamacare Tax Hike Hitting on Jan. 1

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Probably nothing unless your plan has a larger than 2000 dollar annual deductible, which starting in 2014 is the largest allowed deductible on an individual employer sponsored plan. Maybe I'm dense, but why would a company that is voluntarily offering health benefits to their employees stop offering those same benefits when they are no longer voluntary?

Because they know their employees will be taken care of via the mandated government-backed insurance exchange with the employer not having to fork over a dime. That is for ones that are under the threshold of being fined.

Posted

this is part of the delicate balance of incentivizing someone. if too much is given, the motivation can lack. not enough is given and you crush someone's spirit.

i say this alot here about a price pain point. each and every person and industry has this intrinsic value about how much they are willing to pay for something and they won't budge.

i think this first quarter is crucial on how biz's alter their health plans as well as workforce. i mean on one hand, why would some companies NOT stay under the # to be able to cut costs and those that are working could make more. or it could be pocketed.

i think FSA was reduced as well and for many this has been a terrific tool for them to manage money and health costs.

buy oh well. Govco is smarter than all of us right?

Posted

If you lose your job, no worries, just go on unemployment and then when that ride is over, go on permanent disability. It is the new American Way

Posted

Or go work at Wal Mart and I'll subsidize you as a taxpayer. git r don

Posted

i don't have a prob with U/E as long as the person is genuinely trying to find work. i know many that are busting their butt and nothing has turned up yet.

yes, there are those that bleed it dry willingly.

this is one of those you have to dig a little deeper on. if the FSA has been reduced(and i need to do more homework on that) then the avg person may dip into their savings for health care costs.

Posted

i don't have a prob with U/E as long as the person is genuinely trying to find work. i know many that are busting their butt and nothing has turned up yet.

yes, there are those that bleed it dry willingly.

this is one of those you have to dig a little deeper on. if the FSA has been reduced(and i need to do more homework on that) then the avg person may dip into their savings for health care costs.

Beginning January 1, 2013, the limit on pre-tax contributions to healthcare flexible spending accounts will be capped at $2,500 per year.[94][95][96]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

Posted

Yep...it's a worker's market right now.

And an entrepreneurial market. Expect an uptick in American innovation.