Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It was nice knowing you DeAngelo

139 posts in this topic

Posted

People forget that Dwill was considered a top 3 back a couple of years ago.

And Marion Barber was also considered one of the best pure runners at the position at that time

He's retired now

Posted

A young RB that fits what our OC wants to do makes even MORE sense.

Sure, to the staff - I'm going by DeAngelo's point of view. He won't have a ton of leverage, and knows it.

Posted

He'll renegotiate and stay. JStew is way too injury prone to be our lone back, and DWill is a known quantity that still shows that he has the big play ability. The zone read killed him this year, he was getting hit as he was being given the ball most of the time.

Posted

I don't see DWill having a big pay day anywhere. He might even get more money here than anywhere else, given what we seem to like to shell out for people we draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Panther next year, but I'd really only expect that if our current staff is gone.

Posted

Sure, to the staff - I'm going by DeAngelo's point of view. He won't have a ton of leverage, and knows it.

Yeah, more important to have players the staff wants....

and you can find RB production for a Cam offense for dirt cheap and invest elsewhere.

Posted

Williams will probably play for 5 or 6 more years as long as he doesn't get injured; he doesn't really have that many carries.

Posted

I think he deserves a bit more respect than "It was was nice knowing you". I have a feeling he'll be gone next year, but that's a sad day in my book.

3 people like this

Posted

I think he set the 4 year ncaa record for carries at memphis. He has carried the ball a lot, just not lately. I wish Hurney was smarter then all of us wanting to keep double trouble alive. He should be playing elsewhere if Hurney was a competent gm.

Posted

Best rushing attack in the NFL has a 4th string converted FB....

But lets keep figuring out a way to keep RBs on the roster that cost money.

1 person likes this

Posted

invest money in the offensive line, and you can put sir pur in the backfield to rush for 1k yards.

Posted

Best rushing attack in the NFL has a 4th string converted FB....

But lets keep figuring out a way to keep RBs on the roster that cost money.

This is what happens when you have a gm with fan mentality. As fans we love Williams and Stewart. As a GM you don't give out one, much less TWO huge contracts to RB's. The best rb in the league was a first round pick. The second was an undrafted free agent. Get guys that can block and open up holes and a lot of guys including BRAD HOOVER!!!! can suceed

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what happens when you have a gm with fan mentality. As fans we love Williams and Stewart. As a GM you don't give out one, much less TWO huge contracts to RB's. The best rb in the league was a first round pick. The second was an undrafted free agent. Get guys that can block and open up holes and a lot of guys including BRAD HOOVER!!!! can suceed

Yep...Nick Goings went for 100+ yards games week after week.

If you build a real team. OL, QB, WR, etc....RBs simply will have room to run.

1 person likes this