Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R0CKnR0LLA

It was nice knowing you DeAngelo

139 posts in this topic

People forget that Dwill was considered a top 3 back a couple of years ago.

No one forgets that....it is just irrelevant when looking at our future and how we need to build/spend money going forward

Yes he is

That's why he's not here

Former journalist running a NFL team

BUT WE WERE PAYING HIM MONEY HE'D ALREADY EARNED!!!

He's a smart guy that genuinely wants to win. A re-negotiated contract here makes a lot more sense to him than testing the waters.

He's a smart guy that genuinely wants to win. A re-negotiated contract here makes a lot more sense to him than testing the waters.

A young RB that fits what our OC wants to do makes even MORE sense.

People forget that Dwill was considered a top 3 back a couple of years ago.

And Marion Barber was also considered one of the best pure runners at the position at that time

He's retired now

A young RB that fits what our OC wants to do makes even MORE sense.

Sure, to the staff - I'm going by DeAngelo's point of view. He won't have a ton of leverage, and knows it.

He'll renegotiate and stay. JStew is way too injury prone to be our lone back, and DWill is a known quantity that still shows that he has the big play ability. The zone read killed him this year, he was getting hit as he was being given the ball most of the time.

I don't see DWill having a big pay day anywhere. He might even get more money here than anywhere else, given what we seem to like to shell out for people we draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Panther next year, but I'd really only expect that if our current staff is gone.

Sure, to the staff - I'm going by DeAngelo's point of view. He won't have a ton of leverage, and knows it.

Yeah, more important to have players the staff wants....

and you can find RB production for a Cam offense for dirt cheap and invest elsewhere.

Williams will probably play for 5 or 6 more years as long as he doesn't get injured; he doesn't really have that many carries.