• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Just the truth brother

If we get Ross or Gettleman i wouldnt count out fewell as well and if Rivera pulls out a convincing enough win this week can't count out him staying either, we never know

#32 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I've heard McCoy has an actual shot.

Oh wee mayne. I hope Ross/Gettleman will know was good with it

#33 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

If we get Ross or Gettleman i wouldnt count out fewell as well and if Rivera pulls out a convincing enough win this week can't count out him staying either, we never know

Yeah man you're right.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I've heard McCoy has an actual shot.

yas is the only one saying that and i don't really consider him to be one that has good enough sources to even tell his arse from his elbow.

mccoy shouldn't be seriously considered. i don't understand why anyone would consider him a viable candidate for a HC job. i don't even consider him an OC. never have. he was barely a QB coach when he was here. "hey jake! throw that ball into that trash can.........ok, close enough. lets go grab a burger."

when mckid was HC for the broncos, mccoy's job was essentially a microphone for the guy actually running the offense. when The Golden Calf of Bristol was QB, mccoy said, "timmy, the boss....no, not fox, the REAL boss mr. elway, said to just let you do your thing so....i don't know what it is that you do, but just go ahead and do it...and put in a good word for me with the guy upstairs. thanks."

and now peyton is there running the offense and mccoy just kind of has to sit there and watch the master do his thing.

not even sure why that guy is even in the league.

#35 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

yas is the only one saying that and i don't really consider him to be one that has good enough sources to even tell his arse from his elbow.

mccoy shouldn't be seriously considered. i don't understand why anyone would consider him a viable candidate for a HC job. i don't even consider him an OC. never have. he was barely a QB coach when he was here. "hey jake! throw that ball into that trash can.........ok, close enough. lets go grab a burger."

when mckid was HC for the broncos, mccoy's job was essentially a microphone for the guy actually running the offense. when The Golden Calf of Bristol was QB, mccoy said, "timmy, the boss....no, not fox, the REAL boss mr. elway, said to just let you do your thing so....i don't know what it is that you do, but just go ahead and do it...and put in a good word for me with the guy upstairs. thanks."

and now peyton is there running the offense and mccoy just kind of has to sit there and watch the master do his thing.

not even sure why that guy is even in the league.

Hey I don't feel McCoy deserves a look either but don't be surprised if we don't land Kelly McCoy Is the new coach.

#36 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just because were talking about Mccoy right now, here's a few articles on him being a hot HC candidate going into this offseason.

http://www.denverpos...me-hot-coaching

Overall, McCoy was a finalist for the Dolphins job last year and he cancelled a chance to interview for the Raiders job to take a second interview with the Dolphins.
The Jaguars also expressed plenty of interest with him as well.

McCoy, and the Broncos' offensive staff as a whole, is highly regarded around the league for the versatility and flexibility shown in installing offenses for The Golden Calf of Bristol and Peyton Manning in back-to-back seasons on short notice.

Read more:Work with The Golden Calf of Bristol, Peyton Manning lifts stock of Broncos' Mike McCoy - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...7#ixzz2GV2bvKe4
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://aol.sportingn...ive-coordinator

http://www.nfl.com/n...a-perfect-match

That last one is the best one, Peyton might running the offense now. The playbook is completely Mccoy's though and it's a damn good playbook. He's a good coach and gets a bad rap around here because of his time with Delhomme. Also Yas isn't the only one pushing Mccoy, he's highly regarded in the NFL and will get a chance to be a HC. Just depends on if he takes it or not though.

#37 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey I don't feel McCoy deserves a look either but don't be surprised if we don't land Kelly McCoy Is the new coach.

we finally agree on something.

#38 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

we finally agree on something.

Haha we've never agreed on something before?

#39 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,409 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Chip kelly is a thug... Right?!?

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Don't be surprise if Rivera is still the coach

#41 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

He won't. I promise you this.

#42 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

i'm kind of resigned to that being the case.

#43 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,517 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

For the life of me, I still don't understand all the hate for Mike McCoy. He was a quarterback's coach in Carolina, not an offensive coordinator for heaven's sake.

McCoy has demonstrated that he can conduct a prolific offense (I believe he was the one that actually went back and re-designed the play book for The Golden Calf of Bristol last year) and as previously said McCoy actually designed the play book this year for Manning. I think McCoy would be a great coach because he would let Cam develop. We would finally get to see Cam use some audibles. I've been on the McCoy bandwagon from day one (if Rivera isn't retained) and if I'm McCoy and I get hired, I bring in Norv Turner and have him and Scott (son) work together as OC and OQC and watch the offense do work.

#44 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

McCoy gets the job here and Cam and Luke will be looking for a bachelor pad together in Azusa in 2 years.

#45 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,517 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Oh we have a fortune teller on the huddle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com