24 replies to this topic

#1 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

A little background on me before we start, I am active duty Army, (just got back in after getting out for two years) and a three Iraqi War veteran. I am a support solider for a Special Forces unit, and I deployed with SF. Having said that, I am no stranger to weapons.

With that information, I can't help but get very upset and annoyed when I see someone (besides obvious police) in public with a holstered weapon. It makes me very uncomfortable.

There are two occasions that really made me squirm.

In Taco Bell, I was on my lunch break for the civilian job that I had when I was out of the Army for two years. I noticed four mechanics in mechanic's overalls with their company's name on it, as well as their name. I walked buy and noticed that all four of them had holstered Glocks. I wanted to walk up to them and ask them why in the F**K they find it necessary to have holstered weapons in Taco Bell while I am trying to grab a bite to eat with my wife and my two year old. Could they not have just stashed their guns at their worksite? What did they need them at work for anyways?

The second occasion happened today at WalMart. I was in the Subway enjoying my breakfast when an obviously military, but off duty, soldier walks in with his kid to order some food. He has a holstered Berreta. Once again, why in the F**K would you find it necessary to have a holstered weapon inside WalMart?

I read a post on an arguement site once that a pro-gun person made, justifying walking around random places with firearms.His justifications were that people with weapons on their hips had to have certain liscenses and permits and pass various background checks to be allowed to do so. My arguement to that? SO F*****G WHAT? I still don't know who the hell that person is, or what mental state they are in, or anything at all about them, OR if they actually have a permit or just think no one will question them. It makes me uneasy. One last point I want to try to make, don't you think if someone was planning to shoot up Taco Bell, or WalMart (because lets face it, they are SOOO dangerous...) that you would be the first person to get your head blown off?

I am going to completely contradict myself here and say I understand the paranoia from all of the reason gun violence, and why some people think its necessary, but I think we all need to work together appease gun enthusiasts and anti-gun people. Most importantly, we need to work together to make this country safe!

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,077 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

you don't get it. if you and everyone else in wal-mart was armed too you wouldn't have to be alarmed. arm everyone duh

#3 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

A little background on me before we start, I am active duty Army, (just got back in after getting out for two years) and a three Iraqi War veteran. I am a support solider for a Special Forces unit, and I deployed with SF. Having said that, I am no stranger to weapons.

With that information, I can't help but get very upset and annoyed when I see someone (besides obvious police) in public with a holstered weapon. It makes me very uncomfortable.

In Taco Bell, I was on my lunch break for the civilian job that I had when I was out of the Army for two years. I noticed four mechanics in mechanic's overalls with their company's name on it, as well as their name. I walked buy and noticed that all four of them had holstered Glocks. I wanted to walk up to them and ask them why in the F**K they find it necessary to have holstered weapons in Taco Bell while I am trying to grab a bite to eat with my wife and my two year old. Could they not have just stashed their guns at their worksite? What did they need them at work for anyways?

The second occasion happened today at WalMart. I was in the Subway enjoying my breakfast when an obviously military, but off duty, soldier walks in with his kid to order some food. He has a holstered Berreta. Once again, why in the F**K would you find it necessary to have a holstered weapon inside WalMart?

I read a post on an arguement site once that a pro-gun person made, justifying walking around random places with firearms.His justifications were that people with weapons on their hips had to have certain liscenses and permits and pass various background checks to be allowed to do so. My arguement to that? SO F*****G WHAT? I still don't know who the hell that person is, or what mental state they are in, or anything at all about them, OR if they actually have a permit or just think no one will question them. It makes me uneasy. One last point I want to try to make, don't you think if someone was planning to shoot up Taco Bell, or WalMart (because lets face it, they are SOOO dangerous...) that you would be the first person to get your head blown off?

I am going to completely contradict myself here and say I understand the paranoia from all of the reason gun violence, and why some people think its necessary, but I think we all need to work together appease gun enthusiasts and anti-gun people. Most importantly, we need to work together to make this country safe!

So what's your feeling towards concealed carry? Would you prefer if they keep their guns inside their pants, coat, or wherever as long as it was out of plain sight?

Cause I can guarantee you, more people around you have guns and you just don't know it.

#4 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

So let me get this straight...

You don't have a problem toting weapons on occupied foreign soil, causing fear and general anti-American sentiment, allowing yourself to be a pawn of someone else's greed... Yet you come home to your "free" country and it bugs you to see people in public with holstered weapons?

It seems to me like you're suffering some sort of PTSD if it really bothers you but, at the same time, you can understand the paranoia psyche behind someone who does it.

If you want to have a problem with it, quit doing it yourself in foreign countries. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Maybe some people see the dangers of America's public just like you see the dangers of a foreign country's.

#5 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

So what's your feeling towards concealed carry? Would you prefer if they keep their guns inside their pants, coat, or wherever as long as it was out of plain sight?

Cause I can guarantee you, more people around you have guns and you just don't know it.

Absolutely agreed. Nobody would think my mom has a .32 in her purse at all times. One of my coworkers has a concealed holster he carries his Glock Gen 4 in the small of his back, and you can't even see it with his shirt covering it.

Sounds like the boys in Taco Bell just wanted to look badass or something I guess.

#6 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

And thank you sir for your service to this country.

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Sounds like the boys in Taco Bell just wanted to look badass or something I guess.

Probably the case.

Those kind of guys remind me of this South Park episode:

#8 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

south park has improved in quality I see :s

#9 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

So let me get this straight...

You don't have a problem toting weapons on occupied foreign soil, causing fear and general anti-American sentiment, allowing yourself to be a pawn of someone else's greed... Yet you come home to your "free" country and it bugs you to see people in public with holstered weapons?

It seems to me like you're suffering some sort of PTSD if it really bothers you but, at the same time, you can understand the paranoia psyche behind someone who does it.

If you want to have a problem with it, quit doing it yourself in foreign countries. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Maybe some people see the dangers of America's public just like you see the dangers of a foreign country's.

Yea that's exactly what happens, I tote a gun everywhere in public in iraq, I just roam the streets freely and walk into their homes and business establishments and threaten and intimate poor innocent civilians...idiot

#10 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

oh look it's south park, the source of 90% of political opinions on the internet

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Most of those establishments have signs on the doors announcing that weapons- holstered, concealed, permitted or otherwise- are not allowed.

I find it very disturbing that a business owner would allow employees to carry holstered weapons- can't imagine what his workers com and liability insurance rates are. Mechanics? Would you take your car to a shop where the employees were all carrying sidearms?

"So let me get this straight...
Maybe some people see the dangers of America's public just like you see the dangers of a foreign country's."

In the meantime, show some respect for the guy who went and did his job, which allows you the right to display your idiocy and judge others spewing the tired old "America, the oppressor" bullshit.

All of us have jobs and all jobs will require you to do something you may not agree with. If you think the military is exempt from that, you're sadly mistaken.

#12 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Some people just don't have the time to hit a concealed carry class, so they open carry. Being a vet myself, I don't see why you would be bugged out by someone responsibly carrying in a holster. Now if he's in line at a gas station and waistband carrying and the gun falls down his pantleg, then I have a problem with it.

#13 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

First I want to thank you for your service, and then tell you that a weapon is worthless if you find yourself in a situation and dont have it with you.

If someone walked into that Toco Bell and started shooting or an armed robbery... you would be glad that those armed citizens wee there to protect you and your family.

And most importantly, It is our American right to be armed. People who cant live with that truth, and who do not have an understanding of our heritage and the meaning behind the second ammendment dont have to live here.

Anyone that doesnt want to be around legal firearms should move to a country that does not allow it... not try to get the rights of everyone else taken away.

#14 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,684 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Maybe they were leaving work and going to a range? Leaving an unsecured firearm in a vehicle isn't legal, while carrying an open holster is.
Seems to me they were following the law.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,022 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yet I cannot bring my nunchucks or Sai to a Zaxby's... Its why we walk in the shadows.

And crave seasoned salt on crinkle fries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com