24 replies to this topic

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yea that's exactly what happens, I tote a gun everywhere in public in iraq, I just roam the streets freely and walk into their homes and business establishments and threaten and intimate poor innocent civilians...idiot

Who said anything about threatening?

You obviously feel threatened by open carriers, so I assume you implied it...

Much like foreigners probably do when they see US military roaming their streets.

Hypocrite.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

They are just overcompensating

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

i'd much prefer people open carry to concealed carry... i'd like to know if the people around me have guns... also, it actually has the possibility of acting as a deterent.

#19 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

lol @ the neg reps

#20 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

lol @ the neg reps

Well it was pretty much the dumbest post ever.
Even by huddle standards
"well shtop carruhun gunsh in a war shone!"

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

This is Merica where my arbitrary interpretation of a document written hundreds of years ago is FACT.

#22 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

This is Merica where my arbitrary interpretation of a document written hundreds of years ago is FACT.

You expect us to believe you read a document written hundreds of years ago when you've made it obvious you haven't read this thread that you've responded to?

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thank you for your service CK88...

That being said, a couple points come to mind. For one, I ran into an open/holstered carrier at a restaurant once and it made me extremely uncomfortable. For all of the arguments that if some looney walked into a public place and attempted to shoot it up that one of these legal gun owners would save us by taking him out... LOL. Every one I've seen, I would not trust them to stop anything. These aren't tough looking, Bruce Willis/John McClane looking guys... They look like guys who were bullied growing up and carry a gun to compensate or make them feel tough. I don't want to rely on that guy in an emergency...

Another time my wife and I were visiting family and friends in Wilmington. We went into the Walmart off College Rd. and came back out, got into our car, and when I looked up in my mirror there was a guy walking in our direction up from behind the car. I continued to look b/c I had a weary feeling about him... Well, that was because as I continued to look at him, he pulls a handgun out of his waist line, takes a rag out, and cocks back the slide. I immediately turned the car on and pulled away. As I was doing so, he gets into the car behind us and that was that... I still don't know what he was doing, but it was creepy.

And my last point about holstered guns in public... how do you know when someone is going to snap? It doesn't have to be the gun owner. What if some nutcase in the store they're in snaps, sees their gun, overpowers them and takes it, and starts shooting everyone? CC is fine, but I'm not comfortable with holstered guns in public.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

And my last point about holstered guns in public... how do you know when someone is going to snap? It doesn't have to be the gun owner. What if some nutcase in the store they're in snaps, sees their gun, overpowers them and takes it, and starts shooting everyone? CC is fine, but I'm not comfortable with holstered guns in public.

I mentioned something similar to a friend the other day. There are many people who think teachers should be armed. I am not one of them. A few of the teachers I knew in school were not that stable. I am not sure if I would trust them, especially if they are dealing with a lot of high schoolers. Although I might have paid more attention in class and turned in all my work if my teacher had a glock strapped to her side. :)

#25 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

I mentioned something similar to a friend the other day. There are many people who think teachers should be armed. I am not one of them. A few of the teachers I knew in school were not that stable. I am not sure if I would trust them, especially if they are dealing with a lot of high schoolers. Although I might have paid more attention in class and turned in all my work if my teacher had a glock strapped to her side. :)

I had a teacher, every bit of 4'1" tall and about 734 years old. I think that gun would be snatched away pretty quickly.
Also had a physical science teacher who was completely off his rocker. I used to love when someone cutup in his class. Yardsticks, electrical motors and rocks were thrown in fits of rage. He definitely didn't need a gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.