• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I wouldn't mind us taking Jake Matthews*, OT, Texas A&M if he is available when we pick 15th...

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

But you have time to make a new mock draft every day? Just stay outta here rookie.

Message me your mailing address. Ima send you a big ole "PIE".

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I will stand by Warmack, I just saw a little ESPN tidbit comparing him to Carl Nicks. Let's face it, Hangman just won't cut it as a starter anymore.

I know Gross has played poorly this season, but for the most part I attribute that to having a rookie beside him and then a second or third string center beside the rookie. Gross just needed more help.

If we draft Warmack, we pretty much sure up that offensive line.

LT: Jordan Gross, LG: Amini Silatolu, C: Ryan Kalil, RG: Chance Warmack, RT: Byron Bell

#14 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Do you like this guy more than Lewan? I feel like if Lewan fixes his first step in pass blocking he will be gold, speed rushers turn the corner quick on him but it looks like a footwork problem to me. As you stated Fisher is very technically sound pass blocking but just an average run blocker.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I've seen Lewan as high as 6 on Mock Drafts and I also think he is the better prospect. Lewan is much faster than Fisher so I believe he will be able to adapt quicker than Fisher; but once again I'm still a homer for Warmack.

#16 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Do you like this guy more than Lewan? I feel like if Lewan fixes his first step in pass blocking he will be gold, speed rushers turn the corner quick on him but it looks like a footwork problem to me. As you stated Fisher is very technically sound pass blocking but just an average run blocker.

Both are good prospects, but from what I've seen on both I prefer Fisher. There's just something about Lewan that makes me think he'll be average. I hate to say that about a prospect before the combine/pro days though, so I won't exactly eliminate him from being a possibility.

Fisher has everything it takes to be an elite NFL left tackle.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Lewan = Long and Fisher = Solder.
Both will be good but Fisher will prob be the better LT bc he's much more athletic than Lewan. Though no team is going to take Fisher over Lewan or Matthews. Thats just how it goes in the Draft every year.

(1) Joeckel (2) Matthews (3) Lewan (4) Fisher, that's how they'll come off the board

#18 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Lewan = Long and Fisher = Solder.
Both will be good but Fisher will prob be the better LT bc he's much more athletic than Lewan. Though no team is going to take Fisher over Lewan or Matthews. Thats just how it goes in the Draft every year.

(1) Joeckel (2) Matthews (3) Lewan (4) Fisher, that's how they'll come off the board

Hahaha you literally just base your comparison of Lewan to Long based on then going to the same school.

Solder and Fisher are nothing a like.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I disagree, Lewan is the most athletic tackle in the draft. SI and CBS Sports both say that Taylor Lewan posessss rare athleticism and quickness for a player of his size.

Lewan is a step down from former Michigan tackle Jake Long, but he is a much better blocker than Long is in a motion offense (a offense that the Panthers rely heavily on).

Where Lewan struggles is with his technique and footwork, however those are things that can be easily coached out of him with time.

I personally don't thinly Lewan will be available when we pick, but I'd take him in a heart beat.

Other than Lewan, Warmack is the safest pick that will have the most impact in my opinion.

#20 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

SI and CBS. Hmmm yeah I'm gonna stick to my guys lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users