Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

a bean/rivera combo will sure get the butts in the seats

#47 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I actually think Jerry Richardson has changed his way of thinking some. Cam Newton was brought in who I want it but was still a lil shocked they got him. Then he fired Marty. He is growing impatient just like the rest of us so I really do see him getting a new coach here

#48 JefDav84

JefDav84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I just do not see this happening. There is no way we brought in an outside source to search for a new GM, and then end up keeping the interim guy. This just makes no sense to me.

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

If I want somebody with experience in handling logistics, managing equipment and making travel arrangements as my GM, then absolutely Beane is the guy.

I put zero stock in the notion that Ernie Accorsi would be on board with passing over guys who have 15-20 years of experience in personnel evaluation for a guy who never even worked as a scout.

I also don't buy the notion that Jerry Richardson hired Ernie Accorsi to do the GM search for him just to turn around and toss aside his recommendations.

#50 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I just do not see this happening. There is no way we brought in an outside source to search for a new GM, and then end up keeping the interim guy. This just makes no sense to me.

I hear this a lot.

Even the douchebags on the radio said this. What if the consultant weighed the options and presented Beane as the best option considering all circumstances. Does hiring a consultant automatically discount in house personnel as options? I never thought so.

#51 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

If we keep beane then this franchise is screwed. It basically means JR wants a yes man.

#52 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

lol if beane somehow ends up the gm i've got to stop telling people i root for this team

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I hear this a lot.

Even the douchebags on the radio said this. What if the consultant weighed the options and presented Beane as the best option considering all circumstances. Does hiring a consultant automatically discount in house personnel as options? I never thought so.

Beane has zero experience in personnel evaluation. None. Ditto salary cap management.

He was a logistics guy before this title came up, and even now Rivera has final say on personnel decisions, not Beane. Add in that he's only 36 years old, three years younger than the youngest candidate available (Marc Ross) and with nowhere near the actual "football' experience.

Up till a few weeks ago, Beane worked on operations budgets, overseeing equipment management, helping with travel arrangements and assisting with interdepartmental communication. Essentially, he's a glorified administrative assistant.

You gonna take that guy and put him in charge of your entire draft and building your roster?

Go take a look at the resumes' of the guys listed in the GM candidates thread. Then tell me again why you think a guy with loads of experience in running a team like Ernie Accorsi has would choose that guy over the other guys listed.

The whole notion is an utter joke.

#54 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

sounds like a joke when you put it that way. Also it sounds like if they choose this guy, based on all the damning evidence you have presented against him, he must really have something special.

I mean to overcome all that. This must be some kind of wonderkid.

You have made him out to be something that is barely employable at all and yet not only is he interim GM he is rumored to be considered as the one to be named.

BIG DISCONNECT

you call it experience, some call it "the old way"

#55 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Beane has zero experience in personnel evaluation. None. Ditto salary cap management.

He was a logistics guy before this title came up, and even now Rivera has final say on personnel decisions, not Beane. Add in that he's only 36 years old, three years younger than the youngest candidate available (Marc Ross) and with nowhere near the actual "football' experience.

Up till a few weeks ago, Beane worked on operations budgets, overseeing equipment management, helping with travel arrangements and assisting with interdepartmental communication. Essentially, he's a glorified administrative assistant.

You gonna take that guy and put him in charge of your entire draft and building your roster?

Go take a look at the resumes' of the guys listed in the GM candidates thread. Then tell me again why you think a guy with loads of experience in running a team like Ernie Accorsi has would choose that guy over the other guys listed.

The whole notion is an utter joke.

But but I just don't understand how hiring someone for a position he has never had is a bad idea!

Oh he isn't qualified and has never done any of the assigned duties of said assignment? Just give the guy a chance guys comon...what could go wrong?

I got a grand idea... lets put the Oline coach as DC!!! oh that already failed in Philly? well poo and here I was thinking that doing dumb ass poo when much better options are available was the way to go.

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Typical JR move.
Beane as GM and Rivera retained.

#57 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

If JR really is leaning toward a Rivera/Beane combo, then I'm sorry, but I hope we get embarrassed so badly today that JR has no choice but to change his mind.

#58 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

crolls if we hired an english muffin to be general manager would you be in favor of it?

because beane barely qualifies as a better candidate

#59 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

I mean to overcome all that. This must be some kind of wonderkid.

You have made him out to be something that is barely employable at all and yet not only is he interim GM he is rumored to be considered as the one to be named.

Yea man, har har! Either that or he could be the GM(interim) of one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL..yea one or the other.

Most of us would rather us move away from that btw. We can start by snagging people from perennial contenders and winners who have shown they can pick the right personnel.

#60 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,555 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'd have no problem giving Beane a year try out while Rivera tries to take the next step. If it doesn't work, then clean house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.