• Please log in to reply
776 replies to this topic

#346 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Competent clock management would have given new Orleans about 15 seconds. Instead they got almost a minute. Oh and they get the ball first to start the 2nd.

This ones over and hopefully so is Rivera in Carolina.

#347 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,066 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Saints get the ball after halftime too.. Rivera football.

#348 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Mike Martz is a fool. That is why he was run out of coaching years ago.

He is like that crazy uncle that all families have. You just laugh and shake your head at all of the dumb poo he says.

lol. I don't deney that. However, he has forgotten more about Pro football than 99% ( or better ) than us on thie board.

#349 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,035 posts

What?

we don't look like a team on the rise, we look horrible.

#350 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

And just like that, its a 4pt lead after being better for most of the 1st half

The Saints would have scored a TD from the 2 yard line, we kicked a FG....difference in the game.

Oh and they have a real FG kicker and we don't

#351 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,957 posts

That is a good point, but if it's not there; don't throw it. He just turned and threw it even before he saw Will.

As Martz explained....Playcall doesn't give the QB that option like a traditional screen. It is a turn and throw play call thanks to the fake to the opposite side.

issue is Chud runs it every game lately.....easy on a defender to routinely use quirky plays. They can then blow them up

#352 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

They still get a field goal, unfuging believable

As much as I hope I'm wrong I think the game was over when Cam threw that INT. I don't have confidence that this O can come from behind and beat Brees.

#353 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

This is a true test, how many come from behind wins have had under Rivera? I wonder what our W/L record is in games we where trailing and came back and won. My guess is not many

#354 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Competent clock management would have given new Orleans about 15 seconds. Instead they got almost a minute. Oh and they get the ball first to start the 2nd.

This ones over and hopefully so is Rivera in Carolina.

Yup, 10-0 will look like a very long time ago when the Saints are up 24-13

#355 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,422 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

lolll. Delhomme got so many excuses for everything he did. Even had a good number of supporters during the 09 season still wanting him to be our QB.

After the 09 season he deserved shot, he led the team to the playoffs, he didn't deserve that new contract though. He was consistently criticized for being a bad quarterback.

I like Cam just as much or more than the next guy, but come on quit being homers.

#356 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,936 posts

This team is so frustrating, won't win this one either

#357 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

we don't look like a team on the rise, we look horrible.

Our d has been great and o O has sustained long tough drives. Have no idea what you are defining as 'horrible'

#358 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,422 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

As Martz explained....Playcall doesn't give the QB that option like a traditional screen. It is a turn and throw play call thanks to the fake to the opposite side.

issue is Chud runs it every game lately.....easy on a defender to routinely use quirky plays. They can then blow them up

Regardless, you have to see what you are throwing too or else you are just asking for a disaster.

#359 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Exactly. Just a bad decision and throw. It happens to all QB's and is not that big if a deal.

I am more concerned with his continued issues with accuracy. He is throwing high on passes and than skipping them to wide open receivers.

Needs to spend the offseason working with Weinke again. Still a work in process as a passer and should spend lots of time on the practice field...and I believe he will.

I am more concerned with your uncanny ability to place blame at the feet of Cam Newton when things aren't going so well...including creating threads and making posts...

Yet when we win...You never fail not to mention one Cam Newton.

#360 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Exactly. Just a bad decision and throw. It happens to all QB's and is not that big if a deal.

I am more concerned with his continued issues with accuracy. He is throwing high on passes and than skipping them to wide open receivers.

Needs to spend the offseason working with Weinke again. Still a work in process as a passer and should spend lots of time on the practice field...and I believe he will.

Agreed that was a bad decision to throw the ball. Unfortunately, similar to timing route passes, that play forces you to trust your target. Why not just run a normal screen, or just run the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com