Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Rivera deserves another year

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Question: If we did bring in a new head coach do you think Rivera would consider coming back as Def coordinator/assistant head coach?

The main reason I hesitate firing him is because of the progress the defense has made throughout the year. A couple more playmakers in the secondary and i think we can be a Seattle/49er level defense

No he would not.

Posted

"Now is not the time for change. This team is heading in the right direction."

Really? From 6-10 to.. 7-9...

...yep no reason to change, heading in the right direction....

...please gtfo...

Posted

It was actually 6-10 to 7-9. So technically we improved.

Posted

i think we were 6-10 last year, but one game difference, and only two wins against teams with winning records. I also htink its Rivera's first win in a game with the points being within a touchdown so hes like what 1-12 or 13 now in seasons. fug HIM GTFO.

Posted

Lets keep Rivera. Its so much less stressful when the team is out of the playoff picture by week 8

Posted

Lmao @ people who thing this is the same case as last year because of our record.

Not saying Rivera should stay, I'm indifferent, but we're playing much better ball this year than we did last year at this time.

Posted

If we go 5-2 in the touchdown or closer games, we make the playoffs this year. Instead we go what 1-6 ? Coaching wins close games, we dont have coaching.

Posted

Rivera just isn't my kind of coach in the emotions department, or the WIN department.

Posted

It was actually 6-10 to 7-9. So technically we improved.

We definitely didn't improve from last season. I'd say we regressed.

Posted

"Now is not the time for change. This team is heading in the right direction."

Really? From 7-9 to...another 7-9...

...yep no reason to change, heading in the right direction....

...please gtfo...

It's pretty obvious that many on this board have never managed or run a company. This organization had a losing mentality that needed to e removed. It's not quite as simple as just making changes. This team has improved this year in a way most can't see.

2 people like this

Posted

regressed early, progressed back to even or a little more towards the end. Not enough for me in 2 years, especially in close games.

Posted

If we go 5-2 in the touchdown or closer games, we make the playoffs this year. Instead we go what 1-6 ? Coaching wins close games, we dont have coaching.

Bingo. Same as last season. Playcalling during late games is awful.