ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

"Now is not the time for change. This team is heading in the right direction."
Really? From 7-9 to...another 7-9...
...yep no reason to change, heading in the right direction....
...please gtfo...

It's pretty obvious that many on this board have never managed or run a company. This organization had a losing mentality that needed to e removed. It's not quite as simple as just making changes. This team has improved this year in a way most can't see.

#47 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

regressed early, progressed back to even or a little more towards the end. Not enough for me in 2 years, especially in close games.

#48 Swan

Swan

Executive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

If we go 5-2 in the touchdown or closer games, we make the playoffs this year. Instead we go what 1-6 ? Coaching wins close games, we dont have coaching.

Bingo. Same as last season. Playcalling during late games is awful.

#49 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

It's pretty obvious that many on this board have never managed or run a company. This organization had a losing mentality that needed to e removed. It's not quite as simple as just making changes. This team has improved this year in a way most can't see.

You obviously dont remember what John Fox did in 2 years, with Jake Delhomme, and in my opinion less talent.

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

We definitely didn't improve from last season. I'd say we regressed.

I'm saying win-loss wise we improved.

#51 JBloc

JBloc

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

yea 4 straight wins, 1 against a winning record team. 2 wins on the year against teams with winning records. Same thing as last year, if you think he should stay then you're an idiot.

Yes, yes. People are idiots for having an opinion... Lolz

People with sense are obligated to have an opinion.

Get a clue about life.

#52 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,209 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, I changed it.....

But the Rivera supporters will use the losses by 6 points or less as though it's a good thing. All it showed me was a team that could not finish...and that is coaching.

#53 Swan

Swan

Executive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Not understanding the reference exactly. However, to say the team improved? Eh. It's most likely due to the last few games where we looked better against terrible teams. Don't get too ahead of yourself.

#54 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,209 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Okay, I'll bite. We're all Helen Keller here so please explain....
... I can't wait to read what you've come up with

#55 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

The players played their hearts out for him. They'll be upset if he leaves. I say give him ONE year to make the playoffs. If we're not in next year, fire him. Thats it.

#56 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I say keep him. I don't give a crap if he foams at the mouth or looks like he's in a coma on the sideline. The players seem to be buying what he's selling, the team has trended up and done it with makeshift players at way too many positions, and there seems to be passion in that locker room for a change. In my opinion he's earned another year.

This... It takes for players to buy into the philosophy and build chemistry, and yet even with all the injuries we've piled up over the year we still managed to make this huge run. You can be ignorant and say teams are trash, but this is the NFL. It's not Pop Warner or College. Any given Sunday any team can win. So every game matters. You don't need a coach on the sideline barking like a rabid pitbull to win games. Tony Dungy proved that. All you need is a coach who can get the players to follow him and buy into his philosophy. I'm optimistic about next year if we do indeed bring Rivera back.

#57 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Accept it, we are fugged... RR will be back next year. If nothing else JR will use the recent "success" as a reason not to fire him because he really dosent want to pay him and not be here. He also knows the fans will drink the kool-aid this off season and show up again next season with tickets in hand, wearing a new Panthers hat and T-shirt, ready to buy his beer and leave BofA stadium dissappointed again. Same old Panthers, year after year after year...

#58 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Not understanding the reference exactly. However, to say the team improved? Eh. It's most likely due to the last few games where we looked better against terrible teams. Don't get too ahead of yourself.

I'd be careful what I wished for. The defense is actually playing well and I think Cam has finally started to really feel he can win a game after making mistakes. As much as we all want to blame coaching there are 1 or 2 plays in every game that determine the outcome. If we all look back we will remember games this season where Cam made mistakes he couldn't overcome mentally. That seems to have changed now and he appears to be the leader we all hoped he would be. That's the difference in this team more than anything. Look at the Colts last year, now they have a QB that believes and the team believes and they are a winner.

#59 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

No

#60 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm saying win-loss wise we improved.

Very little. Also we will be here again next year saying the same thing if Ron stays for another year amd goes 1-6 to start the season. Face it Ron ain't the HC type. Look at Fox. He went to the SB in his second year. Look at Dom Capers. He went to the NFC Championship in his second year as the Panthers HC. Look at George Seifert. He went bye bye after going 1-15 in his second season. Ron Rivera 6-10 and second season 7-9. No much improvement and time for him to go. Plain and simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.