• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I still see Cam struggle with his footwork. This staff is failing to teach him the basics. DA came in and looked well polished in his mechanics, and this is because he is fully mature in this area. Cam is still learning, and I believe a new staff would be better for him personally. Hopefully, Chud will be gone (a team hire him as their head coach), and we will get a new OC.

#62 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Very little. Also we will be here again next year saying the same thing if Ron stays for another year amd goes 1-6 to start the season. Face it Ron ain't the HC type. Look at Fox. He went to the SB in his second year. Look at Dom Capers. He went to the NFC Championship in his second year as the Panthers HC. Look at George Seifert. He went bye bye after going 1-15 in his second season. Ron Rivera 6-10 and second season 7-9. No much improvement and time for him to go. Plain and simple.

You're reading way to much into my post.

Based off of our record, we improved by one game.

#63 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

The players played their hearts out for him. They'll be upset if he leaves. I say give him ONE year to make the playoffs. If we're not in next year, fire him. Thats it.

Yes why now. Another year of possible hell. I feel like he is gone by the end of the week. We need to start fresh with a new GM and HC and staff. Why spend another season going 6-10 or 7-9 under the current HC. Instead do it under a new HC. Just don't think Ron will be around next week.

#64 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I still see Cam struggle with his footwork. This staff is failing to teach him the basics. DA came in and looked well polished in his mechanics, and this is because he is fully mature in this area. Cam is still learning, and I believe a new staff would be better for him personally. Hopefully, Chud will be gone (a team hire him as their head coach), and we will get a new OC.

he was probably favoring his ankle during half this game, which can really mess up his footwork even if he has been working on it. Not making excuses, i agree he needs help with his footwork for sure.

#65 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,938 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Rivera in 2013 only means more mediocrity- very simple to understand.

#66 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I really believe that the fact we aren't all foaming at the mouth about the D-Line and secondary, and realistically looking at a patchwork defense rise into near top-5 territory, a rookie MLB who might be the best we've ever had paired with a linebackers coach/DC/HC should let us say, OK....one more year...

#67 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Because 2nd and 3rd stringers bought into his system? Of course they are, they have to, they dont have the same weight as starters. He can't coach our first stringers, and it showed early in the season.

#68 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

A topic title I hope to never see again.

We're getting outclassed and this game is on its way to being a blowout.

Rush to judgement much?

#69 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hmmmmm...this will be a difficult decision for JR...can see good cases for both sides of the argument

Personally, right now...would rather we get a new coach

#70 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Because 2nd and 3rd stringers bought into his system?

I'm talking about developing crap in 2011 into near top 5 in 2012....with a patchwork crew...If 2nd and 3rd stringers develop into NFL starters along the way, great.....If Ron can get this out of his guys, who knows?

#71 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

yea 4 straight wins, 1 against a winning record team. 2 wins on the year against teams with winning records. Same thing as last year, if you think he should stay then you're an idiot.

Gee, it's too bad you have to play the teams on your schedule, isn't it? Rivera has no control over who they beat. That he has beat them, though, says a lot to me. He stays, if I get a vote.

#72 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Gee, it's too bad you have to play the teams on your schedule, isn't it? Rivera has no control over who they beat. That he has beat them, though, says a lot to me. He stays, if I get a vote.

You're an idiot, the point is he loses to good teams and wins or chokes against bad teams. LOSE-LOSE either way.

How does he not have control over who they beat? he's the fuging coach..... wow.

#73 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

You're an idiot, the point is he loses to good teams and wins or chokes against bad teams. LOSE-LOSE either way.

How does he not have control over who they beat? he's the fuging coach..... wow.

He doesn't suit up and execute the plays. No one on this team was looking much like they ought to be getting paid what they were early on, yet they still managed to just miss wins in seven games. Only in two were we blown out. If just a couple of things had gone differently, we'd all be sniffing RR's jock right now. That RR managed to correct what was wrong and fire up his players for Ws on the back end of the season tells me he has the know-how. I might be an idiot, but I'm not blind.

#74 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

yea so just like last year, how he can't win close games we come back to that. Close games come down to coaching, everybody agrees on that. Rivera is like 1-12 or 1-13 some outrageous stat like that in games within 8 points. The NFL comes down to close games, close games he can't win.

#75 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

This truly is a tough call. For JR to fire Rivera he would pretty much have to go back on the stipulation of "trending upward" that he placed on Rivera to begin with and that's not typically how he operates. I really wanted Rivera to be gone earlier this season but now I'm not so sure. The team has trended upward. The offense is playing better with Cam's maturity. We actually came back in this game and overcame a Cam interception for once. Something tells me we need to keep our organizational infrastructure intact on this one. There are too many moving parts with blowing the whole thing up again. Even Armanti showed up in this one. The players want him.....keep him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com