Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

We have the 15th pick...EDIT, the 14th pick Saints 15th.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

after watching Newton get mugged the last three weeks some people want to pick WR?

If Cam couldn't run and break tackles he'd be on IR by now. He almost got there today.

Newton is the franchise and he has to be protected. Has Brandon Marshall helped Cutler stay upright at all? Nope, and a rookie WR won't have a year like Marshall.

Solidifying the offensive line and the defensive line will put them in position to draft skill players in the first for the next few years.

#32 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

those WR could win 1on1 match ups and not drop a lot of balls. pass protection needs to be addressed as well,i really see WR and OL as the top 2 needs.

#33 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Did we sign Tom Brady?

We got someone better than he, yet Cam needs to master the basics. Besides, Smitty is still better than 90% of receivers in this league, even at his age. With Olsen, we are more than stable enough to draft a receiver late next year.

#34 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

So did Gettis ever see the field?

Where has this phantom all pro been?

#35 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

#36 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,107 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Best available WR/O-lineman please.

#37 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Best player available at the OL or WR position. I think it would be safe to use Marty's "take the bset player available" method IF we restrict it to the OL, WR and maybe the Safety positions. Either way, whatever we dont get MUST be addressed via trade or FA in the offseason.

#38 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

t will or jake matthews

#39 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

We absolutely need to take the best available offensive lineman with our first pick. It is ridiculous to think we should pick anything other than a lineman with the way Cam was beaten up this season.

#40 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Chance Warmack please!

Imagine a line of Gross, Chance, Kalil, Amini, Bell. As much as Gross has been declining/ Bell being touted as questionable.. it'd be one mean ass line. We may have a bigger need at T but I dunno, the thought of having the nastiest young guard duo in the NFL is makin me lick my chops.

#41 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,820 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

after watching Newton get mugged the last three weeks some people want to pick WR?

If Cam couldn't run and break tackles he'd be on IR by now. He almost got there today.

Newton is the franchise and he has to be protected. Has Brandon Marshall helped Cutler stay upright at all? Nope, and a rookie WR won't have a year like Marshall.

Solidifying the offensive line and the defensive line will put them in position to draft skill players in the first for the next few years.

He got mugged playing behind a devastated Oline. The starting C, backup C, starting LG as well. That put the team with backups at all three of the middle oline spots. Put Kalil back in at Center, another year under his belt and improved Silatolu and a RG from FA and the Oline is fixed. Maybe draft a OT in the 2nd round to replace Bell (Either by sliding Gross to the RT with a LT or by drafting a RT) The team desperately needs WR help and big time. An aging Smitty, a at best borderline 2nd, who should be a 3rd WR in Lafell and really nothing beyond that to be honest. Murphy would work well as a 4th option, but he really shouldn't be the third one. Gettis hasn't been seen in forever and Armanti is well Armanti.

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Happy we decided to play when it didn't matter and drop ourselves out of the top 10 despite the fact that the season was over 5 games in.

Great job guys, give yourselves a pat on the back.

#43 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,750 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm on the best OL available bandwagon. Cam was hurt twice today and it made my stomach churn.

#44 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Doubt Warmack will be there at 15....

#45 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

This O line was bad before they got hit with injuries. What games were some of you actually watching??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.